Route for LEJOG

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
puffin

Route for LEJOG

Postby puffin » 1 Dec 2019, 11:12am

Here's my route, I've finessed it down from previous journeys. I have learnt, since completing booking the accommodation, from Mick F that I could have avoided the Wye Valley, and in an also too late Road To Damascus moment, suddenly found I couldn't explain why I go East of Bristol. No idea. Its much longer.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31517493

Any comments welcome, and feel free to use to help your planning, but I can't vouch for it.

Best wishes

Redvee

Re: Route for LEJOG

Postby Redvee » 2 Dec 2019, 1:56am

Not scared of hills are you? Looking at the stretch around Bristol you've chosen to go up overt the Mendips but avoided the climb up through Cheddar Gorge. I'll suggest some detours for Bristol in a day or two.

puffin

Postby puffin » 2 Dec 2019, 10:12am

Redvee wrote:Not scared of hills are you? Looking at the stretch around Bristol you've chosen to go up overt the Mendips but avoided the climb up through Cheddar Gorge. I'll suggest some detours for Bristol in a day or two.

I've re-done the route to include the Gorge (when I aggregated the daily routes it put in some short cuts). I've also re-done the Bristol route where it had also aggregated it into a short cut, it now goes (the long way...why???) East of Bristol using in part the old railways.

Best wishes

Redvee

Postby Redvee » 9 Dec 2019, 1:52am

I see you're leaving the B2B cyclepath at 229.5 miles then going underneath it 5 miles later. You can stay on the cyclepath and turn right at Mangotsfield Station then pick up the spur that takes you towards Tulip abbotoir but come off at the bridge on Coxgrove Hill.