Record attempt scheduled

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
ratherbeintobago

Re: Record attempt scheduled

Post by ratherbeintobago »

Still a fair amount of climbing to do yet even when she’s over Beattock
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Yes and as I type, around 22 hours to finish within her schedule, but let's stick to the positives: inside schedule and reported to be riding strongly.
1982john

Post by 1982john »

The first time around she was up by a bit but hit low over that big summit at 660 miles.

I think she needs a bigger buffer going into that section with some reasonable conditions and this record can finally be beaten.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Watched her go by at @24hourmaths 24 hour point as I did on her last attempt. An hour earlier than last time and I’d say she was looking a lot more happier than last time. Quite relaxed and even time to speak as she went by.
Had a wee break at Beattock and then flew up the summit. The wind isn’t helping her but it’s not too against her either.
Noticeably she is still riding a TT style bike. Last time she had switched to a road style
LEJOG @CHRISTINA_MACK 2021
LEJOG @CHRISTINA_MACK 2021
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Nessie23

Post by Nessie23 »

Christina still going really well on the long slog up to Drumochter. Westerly crosswinds for next few hours will not help but at least they are not headwinds. Come on Christina, nearly home stretch, and downhill after Drumochter….
LollyKat

Post by LollyKat »

... apart from Berriedale, the gigantic sting in the tail, after a second night without sleep. She’s doing really well so far though - go Christina!
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Interesting graphic on twitter from 24hrmaths. A really strong and constant ride so far, maintaining the lead on her own schedule. It also shows that her last attempt began to go wrong after Drumochter Summit. Fingers crossed that she's learnt from that experience and it's not bugging her. Great riding so far - keep it up!
1982john

Post by 1982john »

195 miles left with just over 14 hours at play. Sounds very doable though it's some of the hardest terrain and during the second night.

Anyone recall how much up on schedule Christina was at this point 2 years a go
Norman H

Post by Norman H »

Went out earlier today just after Shap summit. Now having been out all day and only just returned to check the tracker and discover that she's approaching Drumochter summit and still well ahead of her schedule. Fingers crossed but dare I say it's looking very promising.
deliquium

Post by deliquium »

Crested Drumochter :D
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"
Nessie23

Post by Nessie23 »

1982john wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 10:22pm Anyone recall how much up on schedule Christina was at this point 2 years a go
As Thirdcrank said her 2019 attempt started to go wrong from Drumochter (about 20mins down at the pass last time) but she started to flatline from there and fell rapidly behind from Helmsdale (just before Berriedale Braes). She carried on to the finish last time but this time things are looking much more promising and up on schedule by about 80mins. Come on Christina….
1982john

Post by 1982john »

deliquium wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 11:12pm Crested Drumochter :D
downhill to Inverness from here :D
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Still on schedule for a successful attempt this morning. "Only" ninety(ish) miles to go. A greater distance than many ride in a lifetime and it's just "the last bit."
ratherbeintobago

Post by ratherbeintobago »

Anyone know if she’s using a power meter or anything?
Norman H

Post by Norman H »

thirdcrank wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 6:12am Still on schedule for a successful attempt this morning. "Only" ninety(ish) miles to go. A greater distance than many ride in a lifetime and it's just "the last bit."
Will she go on for the 1000 mile record?