15 day JOGLE, completed

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
BottomGear

15 day JOGLE, completed

Post by BottomGear »

Just a word of thanks to everybody on the forum who knowingly or unknowingly helped me form my own plans for a solo unsupported JOGLE which I completed last Friday.

The general plan was adhered to for most of the 15 days, during which my mileage averaged 65 miles per day.

Broadly speaking the weather was a bit topsy turvy. I enjoyed really favourable tail winds and sunshine in Scotland with lots of rain and moderate headwinds in England, especially in Devon & Cornwall. I didn't encounter many others heading the same way, but certainly saw many more heading North.

I was lucky as I had no issues with my bike nor myself and in fact I'd say I rode myself into a much better cycling fitness as I went, such I was able to cycle up and over the Lake District's Kirkstone Pass, something that I'm sure would not of been possible before.

I guess it's all still sinking in that I've completed my End-to-End but it was certainly a journey to remember. :D
Last edited by BottomGear on 20 Jun 2016, 5:29pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heltor Chasca

Re: 15 day JOGLE, completed

Post by Heltor Chasca »

[emoji106]Fantastic
mgw1

Post by mgw1 »

Well done. I am starting my JOGLE in early Sept and my route includes kirkstone pass at the minute. Still time to change my mind but it's reassuring you had the confidence to tackle it and succeeded.
sbcoombs

Post by sbcoombs »

Congratulations on finishing. I hope you had a great experience.

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly bog brush using hovercraft full of eels
BottomGear

Post by BottomGear »

mgw1 wrote:Well done. I am starting my JOGLE in early Sept and my route includes kirkstone pass at the minute. Still time to change my mind but it's reassuring you had the confidence to tackle it and succeeded.

I was fully prepared to give it a go, but knew it had to be treated with respect. I just got into my lowest gear from the start and got into a manageable rhythm and kept that going all the way up! I'm really no mountain goat but just took my time. If anything the cycle down 'the struggle' into Ambleside was a much wilder affair - so steep in sections I feared I wouldn't be able to slow down to take the very tight twists and turns.

Either way enjoy your JOGLE :D
BottomGear

Post by BottomGear »

sbcoombs wrote:Congratulations on finishing. I hope you had a great experience.

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly bog brush using hovercraft full of eels

Thanks!, it was an experience all right. Not sure what happened to the supposed June heatwave, but it was a great experience regardless.