Motorhome including a driver hire !

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
Psamathe

Re: Motorhome including a driver hire !

Post by Psamathe »

Bowedw wrote:What sad times we are living in with regard to all these jumped up petty officials with their petty rules. No wonder any real initiative is becoming rare. After saying that a well thought out venture should be able to tick all the boxes on their multi duplicated forms.
Time to get the local Church bring and buy raided.

But then when there is a tragedy because of an inadequate water heater or somebody gets food poisoning because of inadequately stored food or there is an accident and the insurance cover excludes business use ... (not suggesting such things would happen with the OPs venture, but the standards have to be set to cover every potential operator).

We (public in general) kick-up enough fuss when things go wrong yet kick-up enough fuss because there are safety standards to me met. We can't have it both ways.

Ian
Brains

Post by Brains »

The idea 'could' work, but not as a business.

You could volunteer to do the odd JoGLE run as support, and get paid for your trouble, but it would only work if the riders were doing it for a charity and you were only charging expenses.

Having spent years of my life in tents and motorhomes, spending a couple of weeks in very close proximity to a bunch of (smelly) strangers without a get out option can be difficult and only suits some people
sbcoombs

Post by sbcoombs »

This could work if you support a group as bag carrier, with them camping. You could then support bigger groups.
Offering simple snacks en route ( banana's bars drinks etc) as well as offering a fridge for riders own milk etc.
Don't be put off but don't expect to get rich on it. It would be a great pastime for a semi retired person but possibly not a full time role.
You could expand to support other trips if required.
It could even work with clients doing BnB's, although you would need careful planning.
People will pay for simplicity, as we lead busy lives and want to maximise our free time. I will do JOGLE, having some several multi day tours, but will pay for support and organisation to make the most of the trip.

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my iPad using hovercraft full of eels.