Lejog for wimps please- or am I on my own? ( merged )

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
oldmanonabike

Re: Lejog for wimps please- or am I on my own? ( merged )

Post by oldmanonabike »

landsurfer wrote:Jules is planning to run a daily blog / vlog for the duration of the event, subject to everyone being ok with that.
I have a pair of GO PRO cameras, left over from a data gathering project, that can be fitted to anyone's bikes that wants to provide footage during each days ride.

I have been thinking of buying go pro but ruled it out due to the expense, happy to use yours though. I have a rule never argue with Sue Jules or Lynda,
I'm not getting older,just gaining more experience
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Bombardier paid for these ..... And asked us to get rid of them and lots of other stuff after the data phase had finished.
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
oldmanonabike

Post by oldmanonabike »

oldmanonabike wrote:So at the moment we have one wimp with a broken shoulder capes another with a smashed bike one who slipped off his bike in the ice and I've stubbed my toe.
Please take care gentlemen

Wish I had taken my own advice
I've fallen off the bike today,I have a scraped knee and shoulder. Pain in my leg and a lot of pain in my shoulder and side
My helmet has a dent in the side and my outer coat has holes and scratches. The new overshoes I bought on Thursday have two holes I haven't checked the bike yet. 10mph slowing downhill to enter a cycle path,I don't know what caused it but I impacted with the road with my right shoulder head and knee. After
I answered all the Ambulance services question about my injuries they suggested I visit patient care or my GP withing24 hours sooner if I have any side effects. Security staff from the complex I was about pass saw it happen on close circuit tv and drove me to their first aid cabin on what looked like a golf cart. My daughter brought me home. I will try and see the G P tomorrow meanwhile painkillers are my friend and I'm feeling sorry for myself
John100

Post by John100 »

You'll be aching tomorrow! Sounds as if you've escaped not too badly. Hope you are feeling ok. Not many of us left at this rate!
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Sounds like a good fall there oldman caught on camera too maybe you can earn £200 on you’ve been framed :lol:
Hope nothing’s hurt beyond repair. It was the next morning when I felt it.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
flash

Post by flash »

Mend soon.......
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Jules is offering, or possibly threatening you, with a bed bath ... Get better ... fast :lol:

Jules & David
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
NEvans

Post by NEvans »

John100 wrote:You'll be aching tomorrow! Sounds as if you've escaped not too badly. Hope you are feeling ok. Not many of us left at this rate!

Its when you wake up and the painkillers are wearing off, that's when you find the real sore bits. Good luck.
Newton's first law; Large body mass and weight equals fast going down hill but slow going up,
So blame Newton not me when you're bored waiting at the top of the hill.
KFT

Post by KFT »

Really sorry to hear of your fall, make sure you are ok soon or else Jules is gonna get you!!
sbcoombs

Post by sbcoombs »

I hope it’s nothing serious. Scrapes sting a bit but don’t last. I hope your shoulder is just a bump.
Fingers crossed that you’re back in the bike next week.

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly bog brush using hovercraft full of eels
oldmanonabike

Post by oldmanonabike »

KFT wrote:Really sorry to hear of your fall, make sure you are ok soon or else Jules is gonna get you!!

I'm off to see the nurse practitioner at the surgery later this morning but I had a bad night.
I'm scared of self confident intelligent women I usually hide behind Sue
oldmanonabike

Post by oldmanonabike »

Anyone have any idea how long two fractured ribs,swelling, bruising and stiffness will take to heal.
I have a lot of training to do
Rusty Rider

Post by Rusty Rider »

Last time I broke some ribs it took 4-6 weeks to get back to normal, I was 59 at the time, lost my bike on wet mud and ploughed sideways into an old fashioned 5 bar gate.
Peter
Lilyf

Post by Lilyf »

I injured my ribs in Jan last year. Not by falling off my bike but by falling full length, hard, out of the car. I was in a lot of pain, couldn’t turn over in bed and struggled to get off the settee, needed help with upper clothes etc etc but didn’t bother going to see the GP for about 2 weeks as I hadn’t really improved by then. Her diagnosis was ‘probably’ cracked ribs and continue as I had been doing by taking pain killers and doing deep breathing exercises to keep the lungs clear. She advised my ribs would take about 6 weeks to get better. After 6 weeks I started to manage gentle rides on the bike but the discomfort lasted for 3 months. I was getting worried that it was taking so long but another friend who had had ‘an off’ on ice a few weeks earlier also took 3 months before he felt comfortable. I was in my 61st Year. Good luck with your recovery.
oldmanonabike

Post by oldmanonabike »

Lilyf wrote:I injured my ribs in Jan last year. Not by falling off my bike but by falling full length, hard, out of the car. I was in a lot of pain, couldn’t turn over in bed and struggled to get off the settee, needed help with upper clothes etc etc but didn’t bother going to see the GP for about 2 weeks as I hadn’t really improved by then. Her diagnosis was ‘probably’ cracked ribs and continue as I had been doing by taking pain killers and doing deep breathing exercises to keep the lungs clear. She advised my ribs would take about 6 weeks to get better. After 6 weeks I started to manage gentle rides on the bike but the discomfort lasted for 3 months. I was getting worried that it was taking so long but another friend who had had ‘an off’ on ice a few weeks earlier also took 3 months before he felt comfortable. I was in my 61st Year. Good luck with your recovery.

Your symptoms sound exactly like mine but i will be 71 in April and Type 2 diabetics like me are supposed to be poor healers.
I take great comfort from your 3months ,I have nearly five months before our ride