Inexpensive gear-storage options near London?

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
tbessie

Inexpensive gear-storage options near London?

Post by tbessie »

Hey all...

Normally, when I go to the UK, I leave my extra gear at a relative's in Eastbourne.

This year, when I'm going to do the second half of my LEJOG, I had hoped to do the same; sadly, this relative is doing poorly and may be in hospital, and I don't want to be an extra burden on them at that time.

So I may need to find alternate arrangements as far as a place to assemble my bike (it's got S&S couplers on it) and leave my gear for about 5 weeks (the amount of time I'll be in the UK/Europe).

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced place I could leave all my gear (including the bike, once I'm done with the bike part of the trip) not too far from London? I'm not sure what kind of place that would be... some "temporary storage" thing, perhaps, if such a thing exists.

- Tim
rualexander

Re: Inexpensive gear-storage options near London?

Post by rualexander »

Join Warmshowers, I'm sure you would be able to find a friendly host on there who would be happy to look after your stuff for you free of charge.
https://www.warmshowers.org/
tbessie

Post by tbessie »

rualexander wrote:Join Warmshowers, I'm sure you would be able to find a friendly host on there who would be happy to look after your stuff for you free of charge.
https://www.warmshowers.org/

I'm on there, tho' I haven't ever used them (I tried once, in Northumberland, but we missed each other). I didn't even think of trying them, as "can I assemble my bike and leave my gear at your house" seemed a bit much to ask. You think people'd be open to that?

- Tim
tim_f

Post by tim_f »

I'm on there, tho' I haven't ever used them (I tried once, in Northumberland, but we missed each other). I didn't even think of trying them, as "can I assemble my bike and leave my gear at your house" seemed a bit much to ask. You think people'd be open to that?

I did that when I went to Idaho to do the Hot Springs route.

I did not expect or ask but my hosts even collected me from the airport :-).

I am on Warmshowers and would be open to hosting some one with such a need ( But I am no where near London )

Tim.