Introducing my self to all lands end John a Groats riders

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
speers

Introducing my self to all lands end John a Groats riders

Post by speers »

My Name is Simon Wilkinson,
I was based in Clitheroe and the Director of Pedalpower clitheroe, we were based mid way point for lands end, and I may have met many off you in the past over the years.
Pedalpower Clitheroe is now closed and I have relocated to the very top of Scotland still on The ,"lands end" Route and now also the,"NC500"
As there are no real bike parts providers and a mechanic up here in the very top of the highlands I have decided to start up ,"pedalpower highlands"
web address is http://www.pedalpowerhighlands.co.uk
I hope this source of information is a help to any cyclist that do happen to have any issues with there bikes up here in the far North and I hope the forum allows me to post this information , I also hope to be a contributor and help out where I can on any information such as new places to stay and places that are closed, For instance the "Crask Inn" I had actually herd it had closed so you live and learn, The Halladale in and campsite now has new owners and they will be making changes all for the positive.
Many thanks.
regards Simon Wilkinson
mnichols

Re: Introducing my self to all lands end John a Groats riders

Post by mnichols »

Thanks. That's useful to know. I'm doing my third LeJoG in August and I had a seat post snap last year on a lap of Scotland loosely based on NC500. I managed to get to the Crask and then to a nearby hardware shop that sold some bike parts but can attest that getting bike bits near there is difficult
John100

Re: Introducing my self to all lands end John a Groats riders

Post by John100 »

Great to know. I know him from his time in Clitheroe and can vouch for him. Efficient and helpful. Sorted out a lot of problems for me.