6th and Final LEJOG

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
puffin

6th and Final LEJOG

Post by puffin »

Hi all
I'm off on my sixth LEJOG on Sunday. Stopping at Camelford, Bampton, Cheddar (short day) Goodrich, Much Wenlock, Bucklow Hill, Slaidburn, Great Selkirk, Yarrow, Kinross, Spittal of Glenshee, Grantown on Spey, Bonar Bridge, Bettyhill, JOG.
My long but no altogether silently suffering wife is meeting me up there again where we begin our holidays. She is a goddess.
Spinners

Re: 6th and Final LEJOG

Post by Spinners »

Good luck! And, yes, she is a 'keeper' :lol: (as they say on Road Bike Review).
Cycling UK Life Member
PBP Ancien (2007)
mnichols

Post by mnichols »

Good luck. I'll be doing my third in a few weeks. Why do you keep doing them?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

mnichols wrote:Good luck. I'll be doing my third in a few weeks. Why do you keep doing them?
Done JOGLE twice and LEJOGandBack once.

I have often thought that if there was no hold on me, I could ride End2End almost endlessly. I love the idea of riding one end of the country to the other. 70miles a day every day is easy if you take your time.

On my first JOGLE, I met some Shetlanders, who were riding down through Shetland, then Orkney, then from JOG to LE, then end to end of Scilly. How they got home, I don't know.
Mick F. Cornwall
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

puffin wrote:Hi all
I'm off on my sixth LEJOG on Sunday. Stopping at Camelford, Bampton, Cheddar (short day) Goodrich, Much Wenlock, Bucklow Hill, Slaidburn, Great Selkirk, Yarrow, Kinross, Spittal of Glenshee, Grantown on Spey, Bonar Bridge, Bettyhill, JOG.
My long but no altogether silently suffering wife is meeting me up there again where we begin our holidays. She is a goddess.

Great Selkirk and Yarrow has me puzzled. ?
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
puffin

Post by puffin »

Finished!
Ben@Forest

Post by Ben@Forest »

Well done. Assuming you did start on 23rd July it's taken 25 and a half days - some 'start' to a holiday!
puffin

Post by puffin »

No Ben, I took 14 days. I didn't hsve my Cycling UK login with me, so had to wait till we got home.
puffin

Post by puffin »

A quick update... I found this time was much harder, I thought it was a combination of a knee injury and a new bike. On Thursday I leaned my old Galaxy against the new bike while I moved something. I noticed in passing that although I had wisely set the saddle on the new bike to the same as the Galaxy, I had failed to notice that the new bike's crank was higher (I am not a bike expert so hadn't thought of this possibility). Out came the alan key (is that how you spell it) and I raised the new bikes saddle an inch and a bit... and i was immediately faster and more comfortable. Am I thick or what?? 1200 miles on an incorrectly set saddle. :roll:
PJ520

Post by PJ520 »

puffin wrote: I raised the new bikes saddle an inch and a bit... and i was immediately faster and more comfortable. Am I thick or what?? 1200 miles on an incorrectly set saddle. :roll:
I had to have another club rider tell me my saddle was too low. Got a bike fitting that raised the saddle an inch and a bit and it was like being a new man.
You only live once, which is enough if you do it right. - Mae West
pwa

Post by pwa »

PJ520 wrote:
puffin wrote: I raised the new bikes saddle an inch and a bit... and i was immediately faster and more comfortable. Am I thick or what?? 1200 miles on an incorrectly set saddle. :roll:
I had to have another club rider tell me my saddle was too low. Got a bike fitting that raised the saddle an inch and a bit and it was like being a new man.

Setting up any new bike, for me, is all done around the bottom bracket. My cranks and pedals all have the same dimensions, to within a couple of mm, so the bb is the point from which other things are measured. The sit bone area of the saddle is a specific height above the bb, and a specific distance to the rear of it. Fiddly to measure, but crucial. The height of the bb above the ground does not figure in these calculations as it has nothing to do with my position. My measurements are chalked on the garage wall.
puffin

Post by puffin »

In the spring i'd like to try going North South but from East to West. I'm searching the other forums for routes, but does anyone here have one to hand?
mnichols

Post by mnichols »

puffin wrote:In the spring i'd like to try going North South but from East to West. I'm searching the other forums for routes, but does anyone here have one to hand?

Peak Tours do a Cover to Cape Wrath, which is South to North, East to West
Jon Lucas

Post by Jon Lucas »

puffin wrote:In the spring i'd like to try going North South but from East to West. I'm searching the other forums for routes, but does anyone here have one to hand?

Erm, isn't that just JOGLE?
puffin

Post by puffin »

thanks, my bad, I meant South East to North West. Good spot,thanks.

Does anyone know where I can source a route / get information?

Thanks in advance

Bill