Jasmijn Muller - LEJOG record attempt- abandoned

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
Paulatic

Jasmijn Muller - LEJOG record attempt- abandoned

Post by Paulatic »

Jasmijn has released the date on her attempt at the ladies record set in 2002 by Lynne Biddulph (nee Taylor)
September 5th
See her route and track her https://www.followmychallenge.com/live/JasmijnMuller/
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
PH

Re: Jasmijn Muller - LEJOG record attempt

Post by PH »

Off tomorrow at 7am, I'm looking forward to following her progress from the armchair! Best of luck, hope the weather is kind to her.
https://www.lejogrecord.co.uk/
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

This is her schedule http://www.rra.org.uk/E2E%20and%201000% ... 02017a.pdf
Should be passing me around 9:30 am on Thursday morning. I'm often on the road about then going for our weekly paper. At least she's aware of the road surface here After sampling it on LEL.

E2E info
roger

Post by roger »

If she had gone today, she would have found A 30 closed for a diesel spillage near Carminnow.

Roger.
Tiberius

Post by Tiberius »

I'm in..... :D

I'm a sucker for this stuff....I've been following Mark Beaumont for the last sixty odd days on his 'RTW in 80 Days' blast. The magnitude of the challenge (physical and mental) is fascinating.

Good luck to Jasmijn Muller....I will be willing her on all the way......
PH

Post by PH »

Tiberius wrote:I'm in..... :D

I'm a sucker for this stuff....

Me too :)
Hope plenty of those on the route get to go a give her a cheer.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

PH wrote: ... Hope plenty of those on the route get to go a give her a cheer.

+1

I've probably posted a dozen times before that advance publicity used to be banned on RRA attempts. David Duffield recounted how bent the rules a bit by going ahead of John Woodburn when his morale was flagging and lined up the customers in a roadside pub to cheer him when he passed.
geocycle

Post by geocycle »

Wow, she seems to be averaging 20mph over the first 80miles through Cornwall!
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Working in the roundest of figures, the shortest route over 48 hours means a true average of something like 17.5 mph. With available riding time reduced by breaks, the actual riding speed will have to be faster than that.

Back to Duffers and his catchphrase "Chapeau.!"
geocycle

Post by geocycle »

thirdcrank wrote:Working in the roundest of figures, the shortest route over 48 hours means a true average of something like 17.5 mph. With available riding time reduced by breaks, the actual riding speed will have to be faster than that.

Back to Duffers and his catchphrase "Chapeau.!"

Astonishing to most us I guess, I never do that sort of average and to achieve it through Cornwall is remarkable! Pleased she's got a favourable wind.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Not that I could do it at my great age ............. but the A30 dual carriageway through Cornwall is the "flattest" you can find to get through the county. There are a few climbs, but there are many downs where you can get up to 40mph+ and many miles of fairly flat too. Goss Moor for instance.

Therefore, if you have favourable conditions, 20mph average is do-able. Knock 40years off me, and I'd have given it a go. :D
Mick F. Cornwall
PH

Post by PH »

Mick F wrote:Therefore, if you have favourable conditions, 20mph average is do-able. Knock 40years off me, and I'd have given it a go. :D

Would you? The that 20mph includes the stops so she's probably riding + 2mph, plus she'll be pacing herself for the thousand miles, her TT times show how fast she can be.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

The link in the OP shows all sorts of info like actual riding time compared with total elapsed time.

The only thing I can't see is how she is doing against her own schedule in paulatic's second link. Most of that is shown in short sections but when I just looked she was on a 20mile stretch south of Bristol so a bit harder to work out.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I said I'd give it a go, not that I could have done it! :shock:

Any road up, she's going a long way, and I would only have attempted the Cornish leg. I could have done 20mph average LE to the England border at Dunheved Bridge (A30) at 20mph.

I'd have not managed much further into England at that speed, especially up the long hill to Lifton Down and definitely not up to Sourton.

Respect! :D
Mick F. Cornwall
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Team have just been advising that Her times could be earlier than schedule at Wigan and Carlisle.
ETA for Wigan is 1:30am but saying could be earlier
At 15:30 they were saying she is slightly up on schedule at that point. Having been to Bristol earlier in the year I bet they are hoping the rush hour has gone by the time they get there.

E2E info