JOGLE Setting off 24 March

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
sbcoombs

Re: JOGLE Setting off 24 March

Post by sbcoombs »

JamesF wrote:Do you think they are any different to the Velotze ones you mention?

Velotoze definitely won’t leak. They are a challenge to get on and off ( there is a technique) but they form a second skin. I have the long ones which go higher than your socks do seal into your legs. Nothing gets through them.
They come in a range of colours.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobi ... 7C565348UK

I would have thought Merino liner gloves would do it so not sure if silk are better but they work for me. I haven’t found Sealskins to be particularly warm though. Waterproof but not that well insulated.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Daisytwo wrote: ... Hoping to do Jogle next year -tandem. So yes please any info route kit etc would be very welcome reading. ...

On your LEJoG tandem thread, I suggested reading some of the stuff on this section, and top marks for doing so. Of particular relevance here is what I said about the voices in your ear. For a solo rider, they are imaginary, but no less powerful for that. With a tandem - unless both riders are completely committed to the same goals and ways to achieve them - the voices can be real. I fancy a long day on a tandem in bad weather/ strong headwind would be as good a test of collaboration as any. Re the effects of the wet and cold, stoking a tandem is an excellent way to keep dry and warm: the skipper cops for the lot.
Bertieboy

Post by Bertieboy »

Congratulations some achievement in that weather. I admire your motivation. Would be very interested in how you manage your calories as I am coeliac and cannot eat gluten.
JamesF

Post by JamesF »

Bertieboy wrote:Congratulations some achievement in that weather. I admire your motivation. Would be very interested in how you manage your calories as I am coeliac and cannot eat gluten.

Yes it's not at all easy when choices are limited. NB I'm intolerant not allergic, so it's just a bad day or two on the bike if I do have gluten, so I feel for you. I have a couple of ways around it. Will post shortly.
puffin

Post by puffin »

JamesF you are a legend, well done in terrible conditions.