Lejogers, beware of an idiot.

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
reohn2

Re: Lejogers, beware of an idiot.

Post by reohn2 »

charliepolecat wrote:Rising crime rates in Britain will ensure very little police interest in this episode, but then there appears to be very little police interest or action taken in any street crime.

Spot on.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

An episode here which illustrates the state of things.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... s-44384379

NB "Two special police officers" means two special constables: volunteers with pretty much full police powers but little relatively little training.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I don't know the dm so well, but Polly Toynbee has an interesting article about Mr Dacre in the Guardian today, just what I need to form an opinion :wink:

Ms Toynbee is my choice for new dm editor!

She warns of a hard b****t nuclear winter causing blockages at Dover
Let them eat porridge, I say

Mr Dacre has a particular empathy with the lower middle class apparently, is he a member of it?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
NEvans

Post by NEvans »

I've seen motor bikers done when helmet camera's used as evidence to show them doing excessive speed or dangerous. But without similar or being stopped on the road it would be very hard to prove his car is not road worthy, or his actual speeds.

I regularly see in court drivers picked up with no licence, tax or insurance. They often get banned from driving. Let's think about this Magistrates, they leave court laughing as they get into their cars. Crushing should be standard practice for all dangerous driving. Whether of car and/or driver I'll leave for you to decide.
Newton's first law; Large body mass and weight equals fast going down hill but slow going up,
So blame Newton not me when you're bored waiting at the top of the hill.
NEvans

Post by NEvans »

thirdcrank wrote:An episode here which illustrates the state of things.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... s-44384379
NB "Two special police officers" means two special constables: volunteers with pretty much full police powers but little relatively little training.

Having two specials as an emergency "Reaction Team" is just plain stupid. One with a standard trained officer works, but two together with a car acting on emergency calls definitely doesn't. And I don't mean that rudely to them. I've also heard of cases where the car crew are told not to speed in case that makes the mopeds/bikes/cars go faster in built up areas.
Newton's first law; Large body mass and weight equals fast going down hill but slow going up,
So blame Newton not me when you're bored waiting at the top of the hill.