My Le Jog Video 17 July 2018 14 Days - Cicerone

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
heathfield55

My Le Jog Video 17 July 2018 14 Days - Cicerone

Post by heathfield55 »

Hi,

Recently completed my first ever Le Jog Solo via Cicerone Guide Book in support of the Teenage Cancer Trust. Was a tad apprehensive about doing it at the ripe old age of 63, was dam hard for me but so so thrilled at completing it. I got most of my inspiration by watching other Le Jog videos found on You Tube. For that reason I decided to make a video of my Le Jog experiences, at same time trying my hand at video editing. It's rather long (50 odd minutes) but wanted to record an experience of a lifetime for personal reasons and to advertise my Charity. If you decide to watch it, I hope you get something out of it. If you are pondering on doing end to end for first time, then you wont regret it, providing you do the necessary training. A simply brilliant experience. All the Best Pete Riley … Here is my video link

Now replaced by updated Video, better (I hope) and slightly shorter

https://youtu.be/5DetZ7SrhvQ

OR SHORT 8 MINUTE VERSION, LINK BELOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... UXcQW2l0_Y
Last edited by heathfield55 on 2 Dec 2018, 8:37am, edited 3 times in total.
matt2matt2002

Re: My Le Jog Video 17 July 2018 14 Days - Cicerone

Post by matt2matt2002 »

Nice video
Thanks
May I ask what software you used to make it?
I have lots of clips of like to stitch together into a film.
Do I need a lot of RAM?
2017 Ethiopia.5 weeks.
2018 Marrakech 2 weeks.
2023 Thailand 8 weeks.
Always on a Thorn Raven/Rohloff hub.
heathfield55

Post by heathfield55 »

Hi,

Thank you. I used Cycberlink Power Director 16 software (costs abt £ 60). Think you will need a pretty high spec pc set up to get the best out of this software. Just went to Cycberlink website and copied these minimum pc requirements to run software. All the best on putting your clips together.
Attachments
E512D19C-0637-41AC-81D4-1AD02011423E.png
15538C0B-0A2A-4E4F-89C3-3DC7008437AC.png
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

Enjoyed the video.
Congratulations on three things, managing to do the jog, raising money for a very deserving cause and finding the time to fit in the filming,

Did your wife and son make it in the 10 days?
heathfield55

Post by heathfield55 »

Hi,

Glad you enjoyed the video. I was puzzled for a minute when you said “Wife and Son”, I guess you refer to the mother and son who were strangers I bumped into at the Crask Inn who doing the reverse trip to Lands End. I found out later that they managed to do their Jogle in 11 days. This was quite remarkable as by all by all accounts their decision to do Jogle was a bit last minute and was inspired by raising money for a Dementia Charity. Thus not a lot of ride preparation. Also when I got to JOG I was privelaged to witness another outstanding act of guts and determination by two Scottish lads in their mid 20’s (who were not regular cyclists but were obviously fit via some other sport) do le jog in 5 days for a very worthwhile Global Charity. Never ceased to be amazed by the potential strength of the Human spirit.
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

OOOps!! A case of 2 and 2 making 5 :oops:
I never fail to be amazed by the goodness of people. Far, far more decent people in the world than the papers and news would have you believe.
videoman

Post by videoman »

Great achievement and brilliant video of your trip which has saved me from having to watch/suffer Strictly Come Dancing. Would really like to to do the route before I get much older and just wondered if you pre booked your accommodation or found it on the day?

Cheers
Alan
heathfield55

Post by heathfield55 »

francovendee wrote:OOOps!! A case of 2 and 2 making 5 :oops:
I never fail to be amazed by the goodness of people. Far, far more decent people in the world than the papers and news would have you believe.

Don't worry francovendee . I can see how you got the wrong end of the stick, made me chuckle in fact...lol.
heathfield55

Post by heathfield55 »

videoman wrote:Great achievement and brilliant video of your trip which has saved me from having to watch/suffer Strictly Come Dancing. Would really like to to do the route before I get much older and just wondered if you pre booked your accommodation or found it on the day?

Cheers
Alan

Well Alan I decided to pre-book all my accommodation, leaving nothing to chance. I stayed in Hotels, Inns and B and B's. I used Booking.com but Airbnb is also a good source I understand. I went in the height of the summer so prices were understandably at their peek but this time of the year offered me maximum daylight hours to complete journeys. I did'nt book stays until abt 6 weeks before but very advisable to book as much in advance as poss, especially for high season in Touristy areas.. In fact I did have probs getting a couple of stays in touristy areas, so either had to pay extra or find accom a little off track adding more mileage. If you have any more questions about Le Jog pls do not hesitate to ask and I will do my best to answer them. Thanks for enduring my video lol