Cycling UK LEJOG tours 2019 (Our 85 yr old rider in Sept 2018 now ratified by Guiness)

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
charliepolecat

Re: Cycling UK (CTC Tours) LEJoGs 2019 (and we had an 85 yr old rider in Sept 2018)

Post by charliepolecat »

As a parallel example of how tough cycling can be at times, I thought I'd share this comment from Captain Rudd walking across the Antarctic, which is exactly how I feel cycling into a fierce head wind at times:

“On one day I battled for eight or nine hours and covered two nautical miles. I thought ‘this is ridiculous’, stopped and put the tent up. I still had 800 miles to go. Eventually I made better progress and it was back on."
Halchemy

Re: Cycling UK (CTC Tours) LEJoGs 2019 (and we had an 85 yr old rider in Sept 2018)

Post by Halchemy »

UPDATE:
We still have single rooms on the May/June tour but we have probably used up our single room allocation in September. We have twins and doubles available on both tours (It's normal to share twins on CTC Tours and we try to pair people of similar ages.)
Halchemy

Post by Halchemy »

UPDATE:
We are now starting to run out of twins on the September tour. We still have all types of rooms in June.