LeJog Routes

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
charliepolecat

LeJog Routes

Post by charliepolecat »

Is it possible to list with links on the masthead of this forum all the various routes used by members?

There is Sustrans, Cicerone, the Wimps, Mick's, any others? No doubt the moderator would have to install the files but it would save a lot of anguish by those planning to ride the LeJog and be able to view in one place the available, proved and recommended routes.
Norman H

Re: LeJog Routes

Post by Norman H »

There are far too many possible routes to list them all.

The best source for information and inspiration is probably the Cycle End-to-End resource website which is already listed at the head of this section.

http://www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1
charliepolecat

Post by charliepolecat »

Maybe Graham will chime in with a suggestion.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Here's the WIMPS. Surely its just as easy as posting the route.
No discussion on this post, just routes. MODS ..?

https://www.plotaroute.com/route/647683
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
FasterFerret

Post by FasterFerret »

charliepolecat wrote:Is it possible to list with links on the masthead of this forum all the various routes used by members?

There is Sustrans, Cicerone, the Wimps, Mick's, any others? No doubt the moderator would have to install the files but it would save a lot of anguish by those planning to ride the LeJog and be able to view in one place the available, proved and recommended routes.

I think that this is a good idea. Trying to find a route is pretty much the first thing that people want to do.

There is an 'event' function in RWGPS that allows numerous route plots to be overlaid. If that could be hosted somewhere/somehow then I think it would give a very good resource. I know that it is down to personal preference but I certainly prefer to see a line on a map rather than a series of directions written out, and it would certainly save many of the repeated questions....

I would be happy to put my JOGLE route up along with a few comments about stretches of it that I would have avoided/done differently if I had known the condition of the road etc.
althebike

Post by althebike »

Routes may make a good subsection of the le to jog forum, that way there would be room for both linking to actual routes, and discussion about them.
For example, I could show my route through Cornwall, but... I would not recommend it having ridden it. Too rural and inefficient, as Mike f may have called it .Others have chosen a different route through Cumbria than I chose, with good reason I found after I had ridden it. Routes are fine , easy to create, I find the pros and cons, the reasons for selecting a section, and the experience of actually having ridden it, to be one of the more interesting and informative discussions on the forum.