2020 Audax LeJog

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
AM7

Re: 2020 Audax LeJog

Post by AM7 »

charliepolecat wrote:After Andy's disastrous lack of organisational skills for the Inverness 1200, I doubt very much if he will be foolish enough to put this one on.

That sounds ominous. Care to elucidate?
charliepolecat

Post by charliepolecat »

My advice if he tries to put this on is to stay away, that way you will not have given him money and then been disappointed - and be out of pocket.
LollyKat

Post by LollyKat »

Yet the reports on YACF and Facebook seem positive.
charliepolecat

Post by charliepolecat »

I know this is the LeJog forum, but if one wanted to undertake an AudaxUK event that is well organised, (unlike Inverness 1200) well run, well supported and has the advantage of being out-and-back, this is the one to do: https://londonedinburghlondon.com/
PH

Post by PH »

charliepolecat wrote:I know this is the LeJog forum, but if one wanted to undertake an AudaxUK event that is well organised, (unlike Inverness 1200) well run, well supported and has the advantage of being out-and-back, this is the one to do: https://londonedinburghlondon.com/

Please do share your experiences of doing LEL and the Inverness 1200. On the face of it LEL and the LEJoG look such completely different events that it's hard to see why anyone would choose between them. I haven't done either, though I have done a couple of other events by the Inverness organiser and wouldn't hesitate to do another.
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

PH wrote:
charliepolecat wrote:I know this is the LeJog forum, but if one wanted to undertake an AudaxUK event that is well organised, (unlike Inverness 1200) well run, well supported and has the advantage of being out-and-back, this is the one to do: https://londonedinburghlondon.com/

Please do share your experiences of doing LEL and the Inverness 1200. On the face of it LEL and the LEJoG look such completely different events that it's hard to see why anyone would choose between them. I haven't done either, though I have done a couple of other events by the Inverness organiser and wouldn't hesitate to do another.

I'm not so sure ... one of the joys of audax is the "broad church". even I've done quite a wide variety of events under their umbrella - others are even more eclectic! I know what you're saying - there are big differences betwixt the two; but they are both unsupported rides of a similar length, with about the same (minimum) average speed.

And they both cover England and Scotland. ;)

I would agree with you that the organiser has a fine track record - I attempted his Pennine 1000k; it was far too tough for me, but a lot of good organisation went into it. Chapeau to Andy!
PH

Post by PH »

mattheus wrote:I'm not so sure ... one of the joys of audax is the "broad church". even I've done quite a wide variety of events under their umbrella - others are even more eclectic! I know what you're saying - there are big differences betwixt the two; but they are both unsupported rides of a similar length, with about the same (minimum) average speed.

Point taken - I could have put it better, just meant to say there wasn't a direct comparison, I expect there'll also be riders doing both. I'd be happy to be capable of either!
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

Actually there is a simple direct comparison:

One has the Much Worshipped Charlie Polecat stamp of approval!
charliepolecat

Post by charliepolecat »

Now, now children.
AM7

Post by AM7 »

charliepolecat wrote:My advice if he tries to put this on is to stay away, that way you will not have given him money and then been disappointed - and be out of pocket.

Based on the feedback on another forum from entrants trying to get a response/refund from the event organiser following its Covid enforced cancellation, it appears this was sage advice :(