June 1st 2019 at Lends End

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
MarOliKop

June 1st 2019 at Lends End

Post by MarOliKop »

Is anyone starting the LEJOG on the 1st of June 2019 at Lends End? I am, I am going solo the whole way, but I am curious if anyone will be more or less on the route at the same time. Would you be interested functioning as a point of contact or emergency or exchanging suggestions during the ride, maybe about the road, trail conditions and camp sites availabilities, etc.?
Jamesh

Re: June 1st 2019 at Lends End

Post by Jamesh »

Sorry going later end if june :D
Are you camping or b+b?
How many days and which route are you doing.

Cheers James
heatherf

Post by heatherf »

Hi
We are setting off on 24th May from Lands end averaging 60 miles a day with a couple of rest days factored in. We are bound to cross paths at some point as sure you will be doing bigger mileage. My fellow rider Mavis 81 is attempting the record for the oldest woman to complete Lehigh. Happy to send on our route.
Cheers
Heather
MarOliKop

Post by MarOliKop »

Sorry going later end if june :D
Are you camping or b+b?

Thanks for your post.
I have dedicated 15 days for pure riding, but have 2 additional days if necessary. I am going to completely wing it as far as accommodation. I will have some daily minimums to accomplish, but no strict targets as far as exact places. I am going solo with a tent, sleeping bag, etc. on/in the panniers on the back wheel.

I am using Royston's "Safe Route", with a modification in Scotland to avoid A9, I will go more into the mainland of Scotland. My total route length is 986 miles, not including the detours for camp sites.

I will try to post here as soon a I am done to share my experience as far as the route goes...(terrain issues, road closures, etc.)

If I may ask, what are your plans as far as route, and days to complete?

Best Regards.
Marian
MarOliKop

Post by MarOliKop »

heatherf wrote:Hi
We are setting off on 24th May from Lands end averaging 60 miles a day with a couple of rest days factored in. We are bound to cross paths at some point as sure you will be doing bigger mileage. My fellow rider Mavis 81 is attempting the record for the oldest woman to complete Lehigh. Happy to send on our route.
Cheers
Heather

Thank you Heather.
I would be thrilled to cross path with you, but it seems like I will not be doing many more miles than you. I will be doing 67 miles a day to finish my 986 miles in 15-17 days. I want to have some freedom to enjoy the ride so I won't be pushing it and certainly not catch you. :D :D
I hope you'll have a blast and successful ride.
Best regards,
Marian
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

MarOliKop wrote:Sorry going later end if june :D
Are you camping or b+b?

Thanks for your post.
I have dedicated 15 days for pure riding, but have 2 additional days if necessary. I am going to completely wing it as far as accommodation. I will have some daily minimums to accomplish, but no strict targets as far as exact places. I am going solo with a tent, sleeping bag, etc. on/in the panniers on the back wheel.

I am using Royston's "Safe Route", with a modification in Scotland to avoid A9, I will go more into the mainland of Scotland. My total route length is 986 miles, not including the detours for camp sites.

I will try to post here as soon a I am done to share my experience as far as the route goes...(terrain issues, road closures, etc.)

If I may ask, what are your plans as far as route, and days to complete?

Best Regards.
Marian

Hi that's sounds a barrel of fun!

I wish I could take 2+ weeks off work and enjoy it all the more!

My route is found on the fast but safe route thread.
8 days b+b and family and friends.
All on my trusty carbon Cannondale :D

Cheers James
charliepolecat

Post by charliepolecat »

My route is found on the fast but safe route thread.

I looked for this thread but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, can someone direct me please?
LollyKat

Post by LollyKat »

Just let your eye drift down a few thread titles on this board and you'll see it! :lol:
charliepolecat

Post by charliepolecat »

Maybe you are referring to Mick's

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=126267
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Sorry it's Mick F route which was in response to my my question and where I have stored my thoughts since!

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=126267

Tickets to be booked week on Friday :o

Cheers James
deborahden

Post by deborahden »

we are going 25th may. 1000 miles approx near sustrans route. if you see two middle aged women looking knackered it us!
charliepolecat

Post by charliepolecat »

if you see two middle aged women looking knackered it us!

It might be considered rude to stare. :oops:

How many days do you expect to be on the road?