JOGLE - NCN 1,2,3?

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
LittleGreyCat

JOGLE - NCN 1,2,3?

Post by LittleGreyCat »

Just out of curiosity I was looking at the NCN (via OS web site).

NCN Route 1 starts at J O'G and goes all the way down the East Coast to Dover, where NCN 2 starts and goes all along the South Coast (with some chunks missing) to St Austell. NCN 3 then goes the last little bit to LE. There do seem to be big chunks of NCN 2 missing, though.

An insane way to do JOGLE - possibly one of the least direct routes - but an interesting "half way round" ride if you had a lot of time on your hands.

I started out looking at J O'G and wondered if NCN 1 would go all the way to LE.
Not sure why it ends at Dover.
PH

Re: JOGLE - NCN 1,2,3?

Post by PH »

LittleGreyCat wrote:An insane way to do JOGLE - possibly one of the least direct routes - but an interesting "half way round" ride if you had a lot of time on your hands.

Setting out on the same day from JoG to LE as me was Chris Moon, who was going via London. If that isn't remarkable enough, he was walking at 50 miles a day and if that seems like a challenge, Chris is missing not only a bike but also an arm and a leg
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3607271.stm
He did us two favours - he stopped us ever considering what we were doing as tough and provided an easy answer to the charity question you get asked all the time.

I think I've done all of NCN 1 between Boston and Aberdeen, though not as one ride and some bits are familiar to me. Would be an interesting E2E. though I'd prefer to do it for itself or as part of the North Sea route. I don't think I've ever knowingly done any of 2 & 3.