Does the Covid-19 virus outbreak make LeJoG too risky ?

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
puffin

Re: Does the Covid-19 virus outbreak make LeJoG too risky ?

Post by puffin »

Chris Ince wrote:Sarcasm is the worst form of wit and is not becoming of a Cycling UK member. I will repeat, to come up to northern Scotland and to interact with its remote communities, many of which have an ageing population, would be irresponsible. Just to let you know, police are pulling in cars having checked their registration number, ( and are likely to check cyclists)those found not to be local are given on the spot fines. Puffin, not helpful with your cavalier throw away remarks, over seventy years old, or not.

Easy there Mr Ince, re-read my post, this time as a p**s take of me, not of you.
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,
I won't be giving anyone a excuse to club me to death in some remote part of the north, d.

Southern clubbings still available I think.
Sweep
Scooty

Post by Scooty »

What are people’s thoughts on LEJOG/JOGLE this summer? With places opening up and easing of social distancing it seems possible (I’m thinking late August/early September) but not sure what others in the cycling community think?!
Enigmadick

Post by Enigmadick »

Scooty wrote:What are people’s thoughts on LEJOG/JOGLE this summer? With places opening up and easing of social distancing it seems possible (I’m thinking late August/early September) but not sure what others in the cycling community think?!

Most places in England, Scotland and Wales ready to tale bookings including the hostels and campsites. So as long as your group size keeps within those recommended by the various governments and you maintain social distancing, my view is you're good to go. I have already booked accommodation for a trip in Scotland in mid-August and the property owners couldn't have been more helpful.

Plus if you hurry and stay away from the tourist hot spots you can currently get double rooms at many budget hotels for less than £30.
ENIGMA DICK aka Richard Barrett
Hidswills

Post by Hidswills »

We are on day 7 of lejog and had no problems with accommodation so far
Chris Ince

Post by Chris Ince »

Well done, hope rest of Lejog goes well. Hope you have got accommodation booked up here, big demand with campsites, hotels and BB fully open as of today.
Hidswills

Post by Hidswills »

Hi, yes all going well so far, going into Scotland today. I have a hotel booked in Moffat and have sent some enquiries for campsites north of Glasgow. Haven't planned any further than that just yet so hopefully we should be ok!!