I have so many questions:
- 1. What does a moderately fit 67 year old wear when lycra is obviously out of the question?
2. What pedals? I don't fancy embarrassing myself by using clipless and falling over.
3. Do you lock your bike when you go into pubs/cafés and, if so, which lock?
4. What do you do for hydratation? Bladder backpack? Isotonic tabs?
5. What waterproof(s)? I have a pretty good one for hiking, but it might offer a bit too much wind resistance. I also have a Berghaus Hyper 100 but fear it may not be enough for a full day of rain.
6. Footwear? I was thinking Inov8 running shoes with waterproof socks as required.
7. What tools should you take, other than a puncture repair kit?
8. Do you take lights, even if you don't plan to cycle in the dark?
9. I could use Viewranger on my phone to navigate, as I did to walk it, but am open to suggestions for swanky kit.
For info, I plan to go next May, want to do quieter roads, maybe 60 miles per day average, and have ordered a Kona Sutra, due to arrive November. I've downloaded the gpx files from https://www.cyclelejog.com/routeplan.html, and amended them to exclude Leeds, but am still open to suggestions of awesome, unmissable routes.
Basically, any useful advice you have to offer will be much appreciated.