Leon’s Plans

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
Ribble adventures

Leon’s Plans

Post by Ribble adventures »

Hi all,

I’m new here but I guess I have started to panic a little. I searched out a forum with lots of LeJog advice (not hard to find this one) and I start a thread on gathering help and advice.

I’ll be setting off from LandsEnd on the 23rd of July 2021 on a lengthen end to end route of around 1225 miles to explore a bit on my way. Iv been routine planning on Komoot and using garmin to add way points etc. for food stops with opening times. I’m still unshore about getting from the 7 to the Wirral where I’d like to pop past home for a night and see my children.

Iv been riding for 25 years, obsessed with MTB and then BMX until about 10 years ago when I fell more I love with Cars. For the decade before Covid I infrequently road a fixed wheel Raleigh Record upto about 100 miles at a time. Then lockdown happened and I bought a road bike with gears and brakes and found I loved long rides. In the last 6 months Iv done 10+ 100-150 mile rides and a few 2-300 mile ones. Iv done the obligatory back to back 100 mile rides from home and a 24 hour effort of 265 miles with 12,000 ft of climbing. Though Iv done no training as such, I’m still convinced I’m just mucking about on my bikes, I think I should be fit enough.

I’m carrying a bivi that I will use to keep flexible (though this may hamper physical flexibility) and have a dynamo that should help with this flexibility.

I hope to ask some concise questions as they arrive to me but in the mean time.... Thanks in advance for running the forum; everyone.
Ribble adventures

Re: Leon’s Plans

I see people have shared routes for other to comment on and make suggestions.

I hope the following link works...

https://ridewithgps.com/trips/70719317

I have planned this with komoot and then used Garmin connect to add lots of useful waypoint for food stops etc. with opening times. Unfortunately they have not come over to the ride with gpx upload. The route passes ome places i want to see on my way, friends hoses, bath, Applecross etc. etc.

Any advice welcome regards bits that could be hairy due to being a busy main road, annoying cycle paths that run along a main road but cross hundreds of side roads and take up precious power, or cycle paths that are scenic and well advised to make things more present. My bike is a ti road bike and for the trip i am running 32c gravelking ss tyres, I happily travel on loads of unsealed rights of way on this bike, normally with gt5000's.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice offered.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

That’s an unusual way Abington to Carnwath unless Biggar is on your must do list.

That’s also an unusual Abington to Glasgow unless Biggar is a must do.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Ribble adventures

Hi (I assume) Paul.

Yes bigger is on my places to visit. An old school friend lives there and it’s become customary to pop in when travelling north, I irrespective of my mode of transport.

I’m unsure of the route up threw the middle of England. The little tale near Cinderford takes me to a friends house and I’d like to go from there to the Wirral. I was going to take two days and go into wales and along the Elan valley, this is a lovely road Iv wanted to ride for a long time. I happened to find myself there on a 300 Audax the other week so no longer feel the need to add that day. So I changed my route and would like to get to the Wirral in a day from Cinderford. A long day granted but should be quite flat.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

I assume you’ve a friend at Cockermouth too :D
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Ribble adventures

That’s right but that’s all too.