A Repeat JOGLE With a Difference

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
tomp734444

A Repeat JOGLE With a Difference

Post by tomp734444 »

Hi Everyone,

Ten years ago next month, I embarked on a JOGLE which I started at Dunnet Head. I was making good progress and had reached Bristol on Day 10, when I suffered a Cardiac Arrest. After my recovery, and being fitted with a Defibrillator, I returned to the spot where IT happened, climbed back on my bike and completed the remaining three days to Land’s End.

I’ve kept pretty fit in the intervening years and now, at age 76, I want to celebrate the ten bonus years of life which I have enjoyed with another challenge. The idea of a repeat JOGLE was quickly and emphatically ruled-out by my family, so I’ve come-up with the following solution. I have planned a 26-day JOGLE (twice as many as in 2011/12) in Ridewithgps, and will ride each stage on roads which are local to my home, keeping as close as possible to the distance and amount of climbing in each stage.

I know that the purists will feel that this is cheating, but I am interested in what some of you seasoned veterans think! I recognise many of the names from last time; notably MickF, robgul, ferretworrier, among them.
It is better to travel than to arrive.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: A Repeat JOGLE With a Difference

Post by Mick F »

Well done for getting cycling again after such a horrendous health scare.
I'm 69 this autumn, and I can't see me doing a ride like an End2End again, but your idea sounds great!
Sleep every night in your own bed!

Brilliant. I know you'll keep us informed as you go. :D
Mick F. Cornwall
PH

Post by PH »

I like the idea and the attitude, good luck.
robgul

Post by robgul »

Great idea - as I think I've written on my Cycle End-to-End website I rode JOGLE in 2005, LEJOG in 2010 and then had a plan 5 years later in 2015 to ride from home (Stratford-upon-Avon) to JOG to LE and back home . . . not to be as bladder cancer intervened in 2014 :( (Now recovered but the BIG ONE is not really a possibility - I'm just a couple of years younger than you)
E2E http://www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk
HoECC http://www.heartofenglandcyclingclub.org.uk
Cytech accredited mechanic . . . and woodworker