Advice on spares for a LEJOG

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
braz

Post by braz »

With a clean hanky and a dinner jacket you can cope with any situation that an End to End might spring upon you.

regards to all, Braz.
Ben Lovejoy

Post by Ben Lovejoy »

Jeeves will be pressing the dinner jacket and refolding the hankerchief between every stop.
TRICE Q with Streamer fairing for the fun stuff
Brompton M3L for the commutery stuff
LEJOG blog: http://www.benlovejoy.com/cycle/tripreports/lejog/
Biscuit

Post by Biscuit »

When I assembled my trike the tools needed to do the job wrapped up quite small (most supplied by ICE with soem additions)..... as said earlier I added two headset spanners to do the job properly (I plan to cut these down as the t'other is no use to me).

I always carry a multi-tool more for the pliers than anything else (check they can get into nooks and crannies),.... back to spares.... Apart from my original 'serious' comments if ICE suggest the little that they do then that seems reasonable.... your choice I guess of the above advice - the cables seem a good one, like I said identify those bits that are unique (dont know how many brake retaining clamp bolts LBSs stock but there is always something you can bodge - altho' where it comes to brakes I prefer the correct item :shock: )

Apart from frame failure the LBS and on the spot ingenuity should be able to do enough.

Having looked at the trike again and thinking of how I 'lose' stuff I would add a spare elastomer for the sus'. Mine is fairly new so not sure about the pulley/wheel bearing altho' you never know :)
BlueMeldon

Post by BlueMeldon »

The most useful additions to the regular spares/tools were tie-wraps, "needle & thread" & Superglue.
They weigh next to nothing and were used to fix my panniers after a spill in Devon and again in Bristol........the latter almost trashed me !!
:D