The training starts here ....

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
jdthur

The training starts here ....

Post by jdthur »

Got the new bike on Saturday, and went out for first ride on it on Sunday morning ....

25 miles, 2.5 hours .... legs still ache a little but still got back on the old bike to get the train this morning.

Highlight of the ride, the one time when the granny gears failed me and I had to do the push of shame ...... 3 cyclists come zipping up the hill ... nice guys, stopped at the top of the next few hills to encourage me.
jdthur

Re: The training starts here ....

Post by jdthur »

Seems to be the done thing to blog .... having a stab at it now i'm in "serious" mode

http://jojogle.weebly.com
vernon

Post by vernon »

Getting off to push is not a sign of weakness and there's no shame involved. Over exerting yourself will cause post ride discomfort. Take it easy hills, hills will become easier in good time.

I got off to push once on a LEJOG and managed to pedal the entire route when I did JOGLE. I weigh in at around 130kg so there's hope for you :D
Koi

Post by Koi »

Good luck jd, there are some tough times ahead but it will be worth it (to get fit), don't push it too much that it puts you off, just enough to stretch you.

Check out my training on my webpage: http://mikesjogle.webnode.com/
jdthur

Post by jdthur »

To be honest I was quite glad I only had to get off once ...... I found that quite an accomplishment.

To plan to try and get for a couple of hours each weekend morning, hopfully getting better each time ... the route I use has a good combination of hills to practice on.

Keeping going isnt an issue I feel like I could plod on for quite a long time, its just making sure I have the legs for the steeper hills.

If its just an average hill, I can put my head down ... look at the 20ft or so of road ahead of me and ignore it.