Crask Inn Lairg, Highlands or Altnaharra

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
loafer

Re: Crask Inn Lairg, Highlands or Altnaharra

Post by loafer »

Paul Smith SRCC wrote:The Crask Inn for would be a must for me, nearly everyone who rides the scenic route will reference it as if to illustrate that we are in the same club :lol:

had food there on both my LEJOG trips :D

STA70392.jpg
bikepacker

Re: Crask Inn Lairg, Highlands or Altnaharra

Post by bikepacker »

loafer wrote:
bikepacker wrote:Called in on 2nd July this year while on a North Scotland tour and had tea and toast. As usual they tried to persuade me to stay the night but I had already booked a bed with Sleepezze at Rogart.

hi bikepacker
planning my JOGLE ride for next year thinking of staying at Sleepezze would you recommend as it looks great .. :)

Yes I would recommend Sleepezze, the owners are keen and experienced cyclists and give a 10% discount to anyone arriving by bike.

The compartment accommodation is great for an overnight or couple of nights stop. If you are intending to stay longer book one of the larger units.

The carriages are the old first class corridors coaches with sliding door compartments. They are converted to 5or 6 sleeping rooms with bunk beds one side and the seats the other, making for a comfortable room. Both ends of each carriage have a separate toilet and shower room. The other 3 compartments are converted into; well equipped kitchen, dining room and lounge. Beds are made up with duvet, and pillow with fresh laundered bed linen.

Be aware if you need to get food the village shop closes about 6pm and doesn’t open until 9am. If you are coming up the A9 get your supplies at Tain (Lidl is about 100yards from the Dornoch end of the Tain bypass) or Lairg if you are coming from that side.
There is your way. There is my way. But there is no "the way".