JOG to Inverness Taxi share

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
jsw123

JOG to Inverness Taxi share

Post by jsw123 »

Does anyone want to share taxi (and bike transport if required) from JOG to Inverness on Weds 4th July around 3pm? Currently 5 spaces available. Price depends on number sharing, but will be around £50 per person if I can find enough interested cyclists to join me. Taxi seems like the best option to me, especially as I save paying for an extra night's accommodation.
DeanE

Re: JOG to Inverness Taxi share

Post by DeanE »

Can't help you here, but do let us all know how you get on and where you booked the taxi, max number you based price on etc. I am starting planning JOGLE and getting to JOG does seem to be the biggest hurdle.
mcpasty

Post by mcpasty »

You can a get a b&b in wick, a train to wick and it's only 16 miles to Jog, which if you give her a few quid your landlady may well drive you to.
A lot less hassle and probably cheaper too. I think the train is about £12 single?
robgul

Post by robgul »

DeanE wrote:Can't help you here, but do let us all know how you get on and where you booked the taxi, max number you based price on etc. I am starting planning JOGLE and getting to JOG does seem to be the biggest hurdle.

There's some stuff at www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk that will be helpful.

Simplest is train to Inverness - train to Wick (book bike space well ahead) ride to JOG - an easy 16 miles or so. (The alternative is Thurso - BUT that's the same train as Wick so still sometimes problematic with bike spaces)

Rob
E2E http://www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk
HoECC http://www.heartofenglandcyclingclub.org.uk
Cytech accredited mechanic . . . and woodworker
jsw123

Post by jsw123 »

Thanks for comments. I have looked at the options, but still think taxi is a good idea. Note that the Taxi is FROM JOG TO INVERNESS. I am cycling from Bettyhill to JOG in the morning, then taking a taxi from JOG to Inverness. I have a flight booked back to Sussex from Inverness airport in the evening (at under £50 MUCH cheaper than the train!) and quicker and less hassle. By doing it all on the same day, I save costs on that evenings dinner, overnight B&B, plus lunch and refreshments that I would incur on a full days train journey back to Haywards Heath. Cycling from Bettyhill to JOG, JOG to Wick, then taking the train from Wick to Inverness will not get me to the airport or the station in time for a same day flight/train home. If I can get a taxi share, it definitely works out cheaper and is so much easier.