LEJOG - stupid question...but where does it start/finish?

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
Lusting my Pinnarello

Post by Lusting my Pinnarello »

Hi Guys and Gals?

Bit of advice please. In 11 days (wohooo) I will start at JOG... what should I do with regards to the register? and getting my stamps along the way? should I do it? is anyone bothered? is it worth paying £10 for the certificate?
Ron

Post by Ron »

I agree that JoG must be a let down to many after 1000 miles or thereby of cycling, but recommend people go just a mile or so east to Duncansby Head. There is some fine scenery, readily accessible just a very short walk from the road. Rock stacks, sea birds and flowers on the cliffs.
vernon

Post by vernon »

Lusting my Pinnarello wrote:Hi Guys and Gals?

Bit of advice please. In 11 days (wohooo) I will start at JOG... what should I do with regards to the register? and getting my stamps along the way? should I do it? is anyone bothered? is it worth paying £10 for the certificate?

I have proofs of passage in the form of receipts and stamps that give locations. I've yet to send the proof off despite finishing the ride a year ago. I'm not sure if it is worth the tenner as I have yet to see a certificate.

There does appear to be an element of vagueness about registers because at JOG there has been atwo different registers kept at the Hotel and now it appears to have moved location.

JOG is a busy little dump with little to commend it. There's so much potential to make the start/finish more memorable......

The same can be said about LE
Si

Post by Si »

Lusting my Pinnarello wrote:Hi Guys and Gals?

I kept all my reciepts and stamps etc. They sat in a bag for a while at the back of a shelf and eventually got chucked. Only reason I got them was the unlikely eventuality that when collecting sponsorship money someone were to ask for proof of success. Wasn't bothered about the sterstificate as I knew I'd done the ride so I didn't need a bit of paper to tell me so!
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Ditto. But still have them!
Mick F. Cornwall