How many times has anyone done the E2E. No fibbing.

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
vernon
Posts: 1584
Joined: 8 Jan 2007, 6:03pm
Location: Meanwood, Leeds

Re: How many times has anyone done the E2E. No fibbing.

Postby vernon » 5 Apr 2014, 9:28pm

I've done a LEJOG and a JOGLE. The ends are less than impressive, JOG being totally underwhelming but the bits in between are great. I have no inclination to do another E2E in the immediate future.

My longer rides are now done in mainland Europe and this summer's ride is the final 1000 miles or so of Eurovelo Six from Budapest to Constanta

ukdodger
Posts: 2992
Joined: 18 Aug 2007, 5:32pm
Location: Sunny Surrey

Re: How many times has anyone done the E2E. No fibbing.

Postby ukdodger » 5 Apr 2014, 10:30pm

vernon wrote:I've done a LEJOG and a JOGLE. The ends are less than impressive, JOG being totally underwhelming but the bits in between are great. I have no inclination to do another E2E in the immediate future.

My longer rides are now done in mainland Europe and this summer's ride is the final 1000 miles or so of Eurovelo Six from Budapest to Constanta


That sounds like a good one. Havent done much in Europe. Hope this year to do a tour in Germany which I've heard has excellent cycle paths. Jog is underwhelming but at least there's a decent cycle friendly hotel there.

Neilbarkr
Posts: 1
Joined: 10 Apr 2014, 12:09am

Re: How many times has anyone done the E2E. No fibbing.

Postby Neilbarkr » 10 Apr 2014, 12:22am

Hi,
For me 4 x. Once North to Sw on a tandem with mooed wheels! And 3 LeJog. I agree with another comment that it is addictive. So after 1986, 96, 98 and 99 I'm riding number 5 solo in early October this year! Excited doesn't even describe it
:)
Neil

ukdodger
Posts: 2992
Joined: 18 Aug 2007, 5:32pm
Location: Sunny Surrey

Re: How many times has anyone done the E2E. No fibbing.

Postby ukdodger » 10 Apr 2014, 9:16am

Neilbarkr wrote:Hi,
For me 4 x. Once North to Sw on a tandem with mooed wheels! And 3 LeJog. I agree with another comment that it is addictive. So after 1986, 96, 98 and 99 I'm riding number 5 solo in early October this year! Excited doesn't even describe it
:)
Neil


I'm with you pal. Despite having done other tours I think about this one all the time.

cnb
Posts: 139
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 8:57am

Re: How many times has anyone done the E2E. No fibbing.

Postby cnb » 23 May 2014, 7:41pm

Twice..1997 Then again in 1998 with my ex missus..Something to be learned there i think :)

ukdodger
Posts: 2992
Joined: 18 Aug 2007, 5:32pm
Location: Sunny Surrey

Re: How many times has anyone done the E2E. No fibbing.

Postby ukdodger » 23 May 2014, 11:25pm

cnb wrote:Twice..1997 Then again in 1998 with my ex missus..Something to be learned there i think :)


With an ex missus! Hat's off.

cnb
Posts: 139
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 8:57am

Re: How many times has anyone done the E2E. No fibbing.

Postby cnb » 24 May 2014, 7:16am

Ha.Sorry. She was my missus at the time(ex now)... :)

ukdodger
Posts: 2992
Joined: 18 Aug 2007, 5:32pm
Location: Sunny Surrey

Re: How many times has anyone done the E2E. No fibbing.

Postby ukdodger » 24 May 2014, 10:50am

cnb wrote:Ha.Sorry. She was my missus at the time(ex now)... :)


Phew :shock: