How to manage bar bag and front light?!

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
Vantage

Re: How to manage bar bag and front light?!

Post by Vantage »

I got mine from amazon but they seem hard to find now, these http://www.bicyclehero.com/gb/minoura-b ... mount.html are good for their intended purpose. Can be a pain to get it on the fork though.
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

lostgeordie wrote:Actually having just checked over the bike prior to its first LEJOG I realised its a Minoura Swing Grip fitted, not the Space grip :roll:

IMPORTANT!!!!

Sorry for the drama, but the Swing grip is useless!

Whilst the Spacegrip firmly attaches the tube to the base, this is not the case with the swing grip.

The tube is mounted to a small tab that is already bent and under stress. Placing the weight of a light further stresses these, and the tab breaks within weeks dumping your lights in the road
VanDeRooster

Post by VanDeRooster »

Just had my Ortlieb extensions turn up. Not impressed. Looks like they'll be OK over the bar bag but I wanted to mount the lights under. The search continues ...
Taller than you think ...
lostgeordie

Post by lostgeordie »

Well my swing grips have been fine, i have two one on commuter, one on tourer. Been on for over a year, hold a set of ay up led lights. Battery is on stem so they not supporting a lot of weight. I,m doing lejog right now with this set up, all good but only two days in ☺
sjgreen

Post by sjgreen »

OP here. Thanks for all suggestions. I found the toepeak bar xtender will do the job of supporting one or 2 lights under the bar bag thus avoiding clutter on the flight deck! Only drawback it is slightly weighty but very versatile so will be useful in other situations. One problem solved! :)