Finding non-standard bib tights

Cugel

Re: Finding non-standard bib tights

Postby Cugel » 13 Dec 2019, 5:53pm

RickH wrote:I've just remembered, in this context, that I shall be going over to Chester tomorrow to be a Fabulous Lady! :shock: (I pilot tandem for a sight impaired friend so I have been co-opted as an honourary member :D ).

I will try to ask the longer, slenderer members what their choice of garments are. Was the 85cm inseam a "to the floor" measurement, rather than a trouser length?

The 85cm inseam measurement is what's normally referred to by us chaps as "inside leg" and is the length needed from one's Y-piece to the top of the foot such that no ankle shows but one doesn't tread on one's own trouser turn-up either. She has very long legs, does the ladywife. Right up to her armpits! :-)

Incidentally, the arms are also long, as are her fingers and toes. She tells me that she can hang upside down from tree branches by her curled-up toes, using her long arms to grab the hats from passers-by. For some reason she had never demonstrated this ability to me.

Cugel

mattsccm

Postby mattsccm » 15 Dec 2019, 6:33pm

How about 3\4 s plus long flashy socks. Worked for Anqetuil,Hinault etc.

eileithyia

Postby eileithyia » 4 Jan 2020, 4:34pm

Bit late to the discussion but what about 3/4's or best length you can find and spatz. https://www.spatzwear.com/collections/s ... -else-pro2

Should keep the lower leg warm and dry.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells

ratherbeintobago

Postby ratherbeintobago » 10 Feb 2020, 1:24pm

On a complete tangent. are the VeloVixen padded pants (as featured in the mag a while ago) any good or is it person-dependent?