Spongy Wonder Saddle

Stradageek

Spongy Wonder Saddle

Postby Stradageek » 6 Sep 2018, 8:04am

Hi

My daughter is considering buying this saddle to help alleviate vulval/labial blisters.

Does anyone on the forum use one of these saddles regularly and can comment on their usability and effectiveness?

Many thanks

Stradageek

Old Blue

Re: Spongy Wonder Saddle

Postby Old Blue » 13 Sep 2018, 2:27pm

I've never seen one of these before, so will be interested in any replies!

I've tried many saddles over the years, including ones with special cut-out areas in the middle, but the only one that I have been able to ride on long term is the Brooks B66 S. I used to get a lot of funny looks and comments about it not being a good choice of saddle for a road bike but it kept me riding rather than at home sitting on an ice pack.

Does your daughter use chamois cream? I use the less-expensive Aldi nappy cream and have found it helps a great deal with keeping comfortable.

Vorpal

Re: Spongy Wonder Saddle

Postby Vorpal » 13 Sep 2018, 2:34pm

Stradageek wrote:Hi

My daughter is considering buying this saddle to help alleviate vulval/labial blisters.

Does anyone on the forum use one of these saddles regularly and can comment on their usability and effectiveness?

Many thanks

Stradageek

I don't recall that brand, but we have discussed noseless saddles on here before. If you search on 'noseless saddles', you might find something.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom