Is the experience of road cycling comparable to what it's like to being a woman?

Bmblbzzz

Re: Is the experience of road cycling comparable to what it's like to being a woman?

Postby Bmblbzzz » 16 Jul 2019, 9:48am

Vorpal wrote:
Bmblbzzz wrote:The question rather assumes that "what it's like being a woman" is only one thing; and the same assumption for road cycling. I'm not a woman so will only say that seems unlikely, but the experience of road cycling is certainly not one uniform thing.

Neither is being a woman.

And as you are, I think, a woman, I'm glad to have my suspicions on this lack of uniformity confirmed! (It's pretty obvious really... )

Bmblbzzz

Re: Is the experience of road cycling comparable to what it's like to being a woman?

Postby Bmblbzzz » 26 Jul 2019, 4:50pm

And here's another one: Does the news that only 1 in 65 rape cases leads to a charge mean it's as little prosecuted as running over cyclists?

brynpoeth

Postby brynpoeth » 26 Jul 2019, 5:47pm

Bmblbzzz wrote:And here's another one: Does the news that only 1 in 65 rape cases leads to a charge mean it's as little prosecuted as running over cyclists?

Cases? Allegations?

Not disagreeing, just trying to help clarify, sexual offences are a right can of worms, -99
Entertainer, kidult, curmudgeon
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we love life

Bmblbzzz

Postby Bmblbzzz » 29 Jul 2019, 12:40pm

brynpoeth wrote:
Bmblbzzz wrote:And here's another one: Does the news that only 1 in 65 rape cases leads to a charge mean it's as little prosecuted as running over cyclists?

Cases? Allegations?

Not disagreeing, just trying to help clarify, sexual offences are a right can of worms, -99

Not sure. In fact I asked myself the same thing when I saw the headline, which used the word "cases", but then I didn't get around to reading the article and now I can't find it. But it probably doesn't matter precisely what was referred to for the purposes of this comparison; the point being most incidents do not end up with legal action of any sort.

Mike Sales

Postby Mike Sales » 29 Jul 2019, 1:09pm

Bmblbzzz wrote:
brynpoeth wrote:

Cases? Allegations?

Not sure. In fact I asked myself the same thing when I saw the headline, which used the word "cases", but then I didn't get around to reading the article and now I can't find it. But it probably doesn't matter precisely what was referred to for the purposes of this comparison; the point being most incidents do not end up with legal action of any sort.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/jul/26/rape-cases-charge-summons-prosecutions-victims-england-wales

Only one in 65 rape cases reported to police result in suspects being summonsed or charged, a Guardian analysis of the latest crime figures has revealed.

brynpoeth

Postby brynpoeth » 3 Aug 2019, 7:56pm

Back on topic

.. like being a black man, or a black woman?

I am a white male, like most on here one suspects
Entertainer, kidult, curmudgeon
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we love life