Crimewatch Report - Commuter Assaulted

oneten

Crimewatch Report - Commuter Assaulted

Postby oneten » 14 Sep 2019, 11:48am

Though I am a male cyclist, I thought under the circumstances, this would be the best place to post my concern about an incident shown on yesterday's BBC Crimewatch ( Friday 13/09).
An older female cyclist was punched in the face which resulted in her falling heavily to the ground. The assault was clearly visible on CCTV but the Police are yet to find the assailant.
Understandably, though having recovered physically, the victim is still traumatised and is still too afraid to return to work, let alone by bike early in the morning.
I know the Police are able to provide victim support, but I just feel so sorry for this lady, I wondered if any Cycling UK members in Derby area might be able to communicate with or even arrange to visit her? Obviously,due to anonymity, any correspondence or visit would need to be arranged through Derbyshire Police, but even a card would, I'm sure, provide some comfort for this lady.
The assault took place close to the centre of Derby and the woman is named Susan. The episode was also on the BBC iPlayer and was Series 11, Episode 5 ( latest episode). Susan's case appeared fairly early in the episode.
Thanks so much for your attention. It's just that I feel concerned and a sense of affinity with a fellow cyclist.