UK Tricycle Riding

Cyril Haearn

Re: UK Tricycle Riding

Post by Cyril Haearn »

May we see pictures of the trike you are selling please tatanab?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

tatanab wrote:
hercule wrote:It’s probably going to be heresay to say this in this company, but I think that market is being slowly taken up by recumbent trikes - maybe not new, but you can get a nice recumbent trike in good condition for £1000 or so which isn’t much more than a new Tri-1 - and something like a Trice is going to be of far higher quality.
That makes me chuckle - I imagined my 90 year old mother getting down into a recumbent trike to fetch a loaf of bread from the baker's.
[/quote]

Take a trike that isn's so low - a Kett with handles should be as easy as most chairs to get into and out of.

I'm looking for an upright trike at the moment as well... Something I can easily pop the wheelchair behind to nip into town (when I say nip, blooming' great hill in the way)
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

tatanab wrote:..
you can get a nice recumbent trike in good condition for £1000 or so which isn’t much more than a the point of costs, you cannot put a brand new club riders trike on the road for much, if any, under £4000 (like the one in the picture). A week later you'd have trouble selling it for much more than £1000. Indeed, you can get a well equipped second hand machine for £500 or so. I have one for sale as it happens. Limited market you see, as I know you understand.

May we see pictures of the trike you are selling?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Just found this thread and wonder if Trikegirl has found a suitable machine.
norfolkjohn

Post by norfolkjohn »

Trikegirl wrote: 10 May 2020, 2:50pm I am very grateful for this info. There are bike paths all around me, it seems, but I would have to go on the road for about 50 metres to get to it so this makes me feel better.

I have been looking at trikes for days! I looked at the Pashley Picador and the Pashley Tri-1. I like both but thought the tri-1 might be better but it is out of stock! Mission have nice trikes, too. I looked at the Trilogy but it only goes up to a 24-inch wheel. In fact, many that I looked at have smaller wheels.

I phoned a local cycle shop and they suggested Jorvik. I called Jorvik and they suggested I get a folding bike. Is that wise, given I know nothing about bikes or trikes? They have apparently stopped making ones that don’t fold. Here is the foldable trike in a 26.

https://jorviktricycles.com/jorvik-alum ... g-tricycle

Would love some feedback.
This may be too late a comment to influence your purchase but I ride a Jorvik 20” Elite - E which is splendid.
Four gears and four levels of throttle power which offers more than we need.
You need to get used to steering corners as it’s not a good idea to have power assist while turning. Pedal power is enough for that. Brakes are excellent - there are two rear wheel disc brakes which you must use before the front disc brake !
Cargo pannier is convenient
Hope this helps