Incontinence underwear

johnstol

Incontinence underwear

Post by johnstol »

My partner has taken up cycling and is finding incontinence pads uncomfortable when cycling. Any recommendations regarding the special underwear such as the Tena Lady? We don't ride long distances, riding for less than an hour.
Elizabeth_S

Re: Incontinence underwear

Post by Elizabeth_S »

It might be worth seeing a women's health physio, obviously you may know the cause of the incontinence, but they may be able to help with management, including a solution for when exercising.
ElaineB

Post by ElaineB »

Why not try buying cycle shorts/tights with a very thick padded seat pad. The odd accident would I’m sure be absorbed into the pad. It may work for her, worth a try. Should be ok if you are doing fairly short rides. I can’t think that wearing a Tena pad on a padded cycle pad would be very comfortable. Good luck.
MsLdnRides

Post by MsLdnRides »

Since your rides are fairly short, if your wife doesn't want to wear padded shorts, I'd recommend underwear designed for periods. Mondibodi are one brand available in the UK which I find incredibly comfortable on the bike. They look just like normal undies and are great for active lifestyles. They also do 3/4 length leggings:

https://www.modibodi.co.uk/

Good luck!