Wolves

mumbojumbo

Wolves

Post by mumbojumbo »

Was riding in rural when a group of lads passed 4 lasses.Nothing was said but later lasses refered to male riders as wolf pack.Is this derogatory,and in common use,or are the lasses potential or wishful Red Riding Hoods,or just dismissive of male riders?I ask this as a man?
drossall

Re: Wolves

Post by drossall »

Here's what the Urban Dictionary says. Of course, if you want to know what a particular person means by an expression, you have to ask the speaker.

Not really a phrase that comes to my lips, so can't help more than that.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Had to look it up, but no not a phrase I would use / have used either.... Just glad to see the reference wasn't to 'wolfish' inappropriate comments towards the young lasses...
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
mumbojumbo

Post by mumbojumbo »

There may have been observations but none that I heard.I dont think people bother making comments,as it could result in oppropbrium from those occupying the moral high ground.
Carlton green

Post by Carlton green »

drossall wrote:Here's what the Urban Dictionary says. Of course, if you want to know what a particular person means by an expression, you have to ask the speaker.

Not really a phrase that comes to my lips, so can't help more than that.

Plus one.

Male and female behaviour varies enormously between individuals and groups, perception of and tolerance of behaviour also varies a lot too.

When I see women out cycling or achieving in some other way I’m supportive of them and so are my friends and family. However, for whatever reason, there will always be individuals or even small groups who have lost the plot and think that women are there to serve men; women are rightly wary of such folk and decent men should always keep an eye out for those more vulnerable than themselves.
Don’t fret, it’s OK to: ride a simple old bike; ride slowly, walk, rest and admire the view; ride off-road; ride in your raincoat; ride by yourself; ride in the dark; and ride one hundred yards or one hundred miles. Your bike and your choices to suit you.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Wolves - when the great Billy Wright was captain and footballers looked like men not boys.

'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

The Deceuninck - Quick-Step World Tour cycle team are often known as "The Wolfpack", there is a hashtag, membership options, merchandise etc., see https://wolfpack.deceuninck-quickstep.com/en/account/login
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...
mumbojumbo

Post by mumbojumbo »

Wolves - when the great Billy Wright was captain and footballers looked like men not boys.

Did nt he go on to develop the Kitty Hawk with his brother?He also married one of Beverly sisters-possibly Joan.
cyclop

Post by cyclop »

pete75 wrote:Wolves - when the great Billy Wright was captain and footballers looked like men not boys.

Some o them haircuts look a bit dodgy tho, :wink:
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

cyclop wrote:
pete75 wrote:Wolves - when the great Billy Wright was captain and footballers looked like men not boys.

Some o them haircuts look a bit dodgy tho, :wink:

Take a look around at some of today's hairstyles,'dodgy' does begin to describe them,still they provide me with a bit of entertainment an occasion.
I saw a tall slim woman a few weeks ago dressed all in white with a bright red bobbed hairstyle,she looked like an advert for Swan Vestas :shock:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I thought one could identify footballers by their 'interesting' haircuts, then and now :wink:

Wolves (DSOs, dog-shaped objects), are spreading across the mainland but they are quite timid and avoid people where possible
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies