ICE Trike perceived weights ?

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
User avatar
Cunobelin
Posts: 8044
Joined: 6 Feb 2007, 7:22pm

Re: ICE Trike perceived weights ?

Postby Cunobelin » 9 Aug 2018, 1:12pm

D.TEK HPVS wrote:
Cunobelin wrote:
D.TEK HPVS wrote::roll: Sorry you cannot sneak in with the Gekko …..just to grab a load of chocolate eggs :lol:


Wot if I cross out HPVelotechnik on the frame with a crayon and write iCE?


Hmm ……….Only if you can answer this starter question ????
What is the rolling resistance of modern "Wagon Wheels" compared to the earlier and larger "Wagon Wheels " :wink:



At what temperature, the adhesion of the chocolate changes with the ambient temperature......which in turn affects rolling resistance

UpWrong
Posts: 688
Joined: 31 May 2009, 12:16pm
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire

Re: ICE Trike perceived weights ?

Postby UpWrong » 9 Aug 2018, 1:28pm

I would say the Sprint is now lighter because they have put a more padded seat cover on the adventure as standard. And I really must get that dirt out from under my nails :lol:

D.TEK HPVS
Posts: 91
Joined: 5 Jan 2007, 10:24pm

Re: ICE Trike perceived weights ?

Postby D.TEK HPVS » 9 Aug 2018, 4:26pm

Cunobelin wrote:
D.TEK HPVS wrote:
Cunobelin wrote:
Wot if I cross out HPVelotechnik on the frame with a crayon and write iCE?


Hmm ……….Only if you can answer this starter question ????
What is the rolling resistance of modern "Wagon Wheels" compared to the earlier and larger "Wagon Wheels " :wink:



At what temperature, the adhesion of the chocolate changes with the ambient temperature......which in turn affects rolling resistance


The melting point of chocolate is typically between 86 and 90 degrees

Example ...last week I left a demo trike out all day on tarmac and the Kojak tyres started to look like chocolate !!!

D.TEK HPVS
Posts: 91
Joined: 5 Jan 2007, 10:24pm

Re: ICE Trike perceived weights ?

Postby D.TEK HPVS » 9 Aug 2018, 4:34pm

UpWrong wrote:I would say the Sprint is now lighter because they have put a more padded seat cover on the adventure as standard. And I really must get that dirt out from under my nails :lol:


The new seat pads are made from marshmallows to reduce weight and enhance comfort :roll: .

Still waiting to hear about your "New" trike ......go on go on go on ....you know you miss three wheels .....Perhaps an AZUB ???

User avatar
[XAP]Bob
Posts: 16564
Joined: 26 Sep 2008, 4:12pm

Re: ICE Trike perceived weights ?

Postby [XAP]Bob » 9 Aug 2018, 4:41pm

D.TEK HPVS wrote:Still waiting to hear about...


:wink: :wink:
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.

User avatar
honesty
Posts: 2431
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 3:33pm
Location: Somerset
Contact:

Re: ICE Trike perceived weights ?

Postby honesty » 9 Aug 2018, 4:57pm

Wider handlebars on the adventure, more material. So Im going for the adventure being heavier.

D.TEK HPVS
Posts: 91
Joined: 5 Jan 2007, 10:24pm

Re: ICE Trike perceived weights ?

Postby D.TEK HPVS » 9 Aug 2018, 5:02pm

honesty wrote:Wider handlebars on the adventure, more material. So Im going for the adventure being heavier.

Only comparing the standard Adventure with the Sprint and these share the same bars (not including the HD Adventure ) .
But well done and good thinking :idea:

User avatar
[XAP]Bob
Posts: 16564
Joined: 26 Sep 2008, 4:12pm

Re: ICE Trike perceived weights ?

Postby [XAP]Bob » 9 Aug 2018, 5:03pm

We’ve had someone nominate all three answers now...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.

UpWrong
Posts: 688
Joined: 31 May 2009, 12:16pm
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire

Re: ICE Trike perceived weights ?

Postby UpWrong » 10 Aug 2018, 7:55am

D.TEK HPVS wrote:
UpWrong wrote:I would say the Sprint is now lighter because they have put a more padded seat cover on the adventure as standard. And I really must get that dirt out from under my nails :lol:


The new seat pads are made from marshmallows to reduce weight and enhance comfort :roll: .

Still waiting to hear about your "New" trike ......go on go on go on ....you know you miss three wheels .....Perhaps an AZUB ???


I have to say it was scary riding my Spa Tourer into work yesterday in the rain. It's a long way to fall :shock: I can't see any advantages of the AZUBs over the ICE trikes. They are wider and heavier. The Ti-Fly is pretty but not exactly aerodynamic. Tempted by another Catrike but the pound is at an all time low against the dollar ....

nigelnightmare
Posts: 391
Joined: 19 Sep 2016, 10:33pm

Re: ICE Trike perceived weights ?

Postby nigelnightmare » 15 Aug 2018, 4:31am

Easy.
Phone ICE and ASK THEM!

D.TEK HPVS
Posts: 91
Joined: 5 Jan 2007, 10:24pm

Re: ICE Trike perceived weights ?

Postby D.TEK HPVS » 15 Aug 2018, 9:39am

nigelnightmare wrote:Easy.
Phone ICE and ASK THEM!


Will you get a single line answer or perhaps offered free range Cornish cream eggs :lol:

nigelnightmare
Posts: 391
Joined: 19 Sep 2016, 10:33pm

Re: ICE Trike perceived weights ?

Postby nigelnightmare » 29 Aug 2018, 3:58am

According to ICE the adventure is lighter than the sprint with as near identical build specs as you can get.

NOT by much though.

Can I have my choc's now?

On second thoughts donate them to some local kids to save me getting fatter. :lol: :wink: