New (to me) Catrike

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
belgiangoth

Re: New (to me) Catrike

Post by belgiangoth »

So, considering some of the designed for Catrike 700 bags by arkel
https://www.arkel-od.com/catrike-700/
What concerns me (other than the price!) is that they are designed for the 2013 onwards bikes - e.g. the 20" front wheel model, which mine is not. I'm not sure how they would be significantly different so as not to fit though.
If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

I wasn't aware they changed the bag design but the arkel description is specific about which model. I didn't use mine because they were so small. I preferred to use some ICE throwover side pod bags with my 2015 700.
belgiangoth

Post by belgiangoth »

I think I need to look for dimensions posted online. I expect they will fit though.

Did you use radical banana racers or larger? Radical reckon it's only the racers that will fit. I reckon the side bags being more integrated would be a more permanent option - along the same lines as a saddlepack on a df. Not really for carrying loads though.

On a more general "luggage for catrike" question, any idea what the under-seat slung bag is here:
... or is it attached to the frame under the seat?
If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.
squeaker

Post by squeaker »

belgiangoth wrote: 3 May 2021, 11:22amOn a more general "luggage for catrike" question, any idea what the under-seat slung bag is here:... or is it attached to the frame under the seat?
One of these?
Had one on my old Raptobike. Not much capacity, but useful for pump, tools, spare tubes + energy bars!
P2180542.JPG
"42"
belgiangoth

Post by belgiangoth »

Hard to tell, the one on the Catrike looks bigger.
belgiangoth

Post by belgiangoth »

UpWrong wrote: 3 May 2021, 9:07am I wasn't aware they changed the bag design but the arkel description is specific about which model. I didn't use mine because they were so small. I preferred to use some ICE throwover side pod bags with my 2015 700.
Within the day I got a response from arkel and photos showing the dimensions
The Catrike 700 rear triangle was slightly modified in 2013 and previous rear triangle dimensions were larger. We made the bag a little smaller however is still fits the older version.
Like the Radical bags it is a luxury but it may be my "excess" spending this year.