Tool bag?

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
Dave W

Tool bag?

Post by Dave W »

I'm sure I've seen a bag that hooks over the back of a recumbent seat without the need of a rack, just big enough to hold a few spares and maybe a bladder? Did I dream it?
swscotland bentrider

Re: Tool bag?

Post by swscotland bentrider »

I use a Bacchetta "Brainbox". I've also got a smaller lighter slimmer version. Don't know its name. The majority you see though are by Radical Design. Expensive but good.
Dave W

Post by Dave W »

https://www.radicaldesign.com/recumbent ... -bags.html

Thank you, yes they are a tad pricey :shock:
hercule

Post by hercule »

Also the Terracycle FastBack (though I'm a Radical Banana bag man myself)

http://t-cycle.com/fastback-hydration-packs-c-6/

Available this side of the pond from Icletta in Germany. Nothing recumbent specific is cheap!
Dave W

Post by Dave W »

I picked up a Topeak handlebar bag today in an amazing local cycle shop for a fiver. Might adapt it to fit in some way.
The shop is funded by people donating bikes to them, they had boxes and boxes of parts, frames, shifters, cassettes, racks even a box full of rear shocks. Any high end stuff gets singled out and put on glass shelves.Right alladins cave.
crossy

Post by crossy »

Is that bike shop in Trowbridge?
ICE Adventure E51, Van Nic Amazon E40, NWT Bike Friday E17, Orange Rohloff, Total E58
Dave W

Post by Dave W »

It is.
hoarder
Location: South of Newmarket, SW of Bury St. Edmunds. ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ sƃuıɥʇ ʇɐ ƃuıʞool

Post by hoarder »

Fitted a pair of these to the seat on my Hase Lepus - using velcro straps around the tubular frame, you can then clip on / clip off in a couple of seconds.

http://www.hamsterbags.co.uk/home.html

They're not waterproof (so stuff anything that needs to be dry into a drybag/plastic bag first), but they;ve several pockets, and they're large enough to carry a tool kit, lunch, and a change of clothes. Maybe not as heavy duty as Radical's or Ortleibs, but they're good value for money.
Dave W

Post by Dave W »

Clever!
davyboy

Post by davyboy »

The hamster bags are very good I use them on the triike
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

I strap a standard Carradice bag over the seat
top rail. Much choice.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
yelfordrover

Post by yelfordrover »

I use a Decathlon "hydration bag 3l" with the shoulder straps almost totally removed but then sewn together so as to hook over the rear of my m5 carbon seat. Then cut off most of the lower strap each side & sewed on a length of Velcro. This sticks to 2 bits of "opposite" Velcro stuck to the seat.
The bag takes a 1 litre hydration bag, tools, 2 tubes, mini pump, cape, phone & energy bars, yet doesn't look too bulky.
squeaker

Post by squeaker »

hoarder wrote:Fitted a pair of these to the seat on my Hase Lepus - using velcro straps around the tubular frame, you can then clip on / clip off in a couple of seconds.

http://www.hamsterbags.co.uk/home.html

They're not waterproof ...
neither are Radical side bags IME :(
"42"
canoesailor

Post by canoesailor »

Dave W wrote:I'm sure I've seen a bag that hooks over the back of a recumbent seat without the need of a rack, just big enough to hold a few spares and maybe a bladder? Did I dream it?

I suppose it depends on the type of seat, but on my trike (jt2000) an ordinary backpack hangs on the back nicely using the shoulder straps. obviously small ones are available, but I use a bigger one and carry sandwiches, waterproofs etc in it. I dont even know it is there when riding. Best thing is they start at about £10, it gives you a wide choice before you reach the price of special bags.

Just corrected the typos, I was thick with cold when I wrote it - that's my only excuse.