Heel straps...

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
[XAP]Bob

Heel straps...

Post by [XAP]Bob »

For those of us who like to do it lying down....

Most of us use cleats and clipless pedals, but there are alternatives. Whilst I was in the states I acquired a kit from TerraCycle, which is designed to attach to the rear of the pedal and provide a heel support...

However I wanted it for MicroBob's KMX K3 - which has relatively little pedal/ground clearance. So I have ended up putting them on the *front* of the pedals, slightly higher than central to avoid conflict with the axle.
Attachments
IMG_0482.JPG
IMG_0481.JPG
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Geoff.D

Re: Heel straps...

Post by Geoff.D »

Would you post a road test in due course, please, Bob? I'm interested in their effectiveness.
[XAP]Bob

Re: Heel straps...

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Will do, they looked good for the few tens of yard I had MicroBob do (wanted to get back to craft activities)
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.