Radical rack pack

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
NUKe

Radical rack pack

Post by NUKe »

I am thinking of buying a radical rack pack. It is for my Grasshopper . Can't decide medium or medium plus, medium is10 inch long. Medium plus is 15. Which I think might overhang too much. Anyone got either and would care to comment or as they say in Mac Ds I could go large.
I think the medium plus is supposed to be more aerodynamic
NUKe

Re: Radical rack pack

Post by hercule »

I've got the medium version:

https://www.radicaldesign.com/recumbent ... .html#tabs

It's pretty big: I also kid myself on that it makes me more "aero", at least on the Trice's rack. I originally bought it for my Fuego, though on that machine it's a bit large for short rides, and tend to use my Arkel Rack Pack. The Fuego has quite a high rack, and the top of the bag is about level with the top of my head.

Good things about it are the huge volume, two water bottle (or small baguette...) holders, a tab for a rear light, and bright colour. Well made as Radical stuff tends to be.

Only downside is a rather unusual set of straps and clips to fit the bag to a rack, it's not necessarily intuitive or easy to remove, but it does seem adaptable to all sorts of odd rack shapes and is pretty solid when mounted.

Seen on my Trice QNT...

NUKe

Post by NUKe »

Thanks Hercule. Nice to see one in use. I think the medium is probably the one.
NUKe

Post by squeaker »

I've used a Radical Medium on my 'hopper from day 1. There's about 70mm of spare rack sticking out at the back, which I find very handy for lifting the rear of the bike to maneuver it around. If I really want to carry more than the 25l + bottles that the rack pack will hold then I use Banana Small side panniers for another 40l.
HTH
Attachments
RadicalUse.jpg
Hopper with bags.jpg
rack with tube and light.jpg
"42"
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

Brilliant thanks Squeaker
NUKe