Trike needed borrow/ hire

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
FullReach

Trike needed borrow/ hire

Post by FullReach »

Does anyone/ know anyone who has a tricycle I can borrow/hire for a few hours on Saturday, it's for a photo shoot for an upcoming challenge for charity, I can't even find a place that hires them, thank you for any help
Cunobelin

Re: Trike needed borrow/ hire

Post by Cunobelin »

FullReach wrote:Does anyone/ know anyone who has a tricycle I can borrow/hire for a few hours on Saturday, it's for a photo shoot for an upcoming challenge for charity, I can't even find a place that hires them, thank you for any help

Where?
Elizabethsdad

Post by Elizabethsdad »

is this the pig thing posted in 'does anyone know'? I replied to that with the offer of a recumbent quadricycle cargo carrier - based in Southampton. Otherwise have you tried posting on the British Human Power Club? google BHPC. ICE trikes could also be worth contacting.
FullReach

Post by FullReach »

Cunobelin wrote:
FullReach wrote:Does anyone/ know anyone who has a tricycle I can borrow/hire for a few hours on Saturday, it's for a photo shoot for an upcoming challenge for charity, I can't even find a place that hires them, thank you for any help

Where?

Bristol, but so happy to travel!
FullReach

Post by FullReach »

Elizabethsdad wrote:is this the pig thing posted in 'does anyone know'? I replied to that with the offer of a recumbent quadricycle cargo carrier - based in Southampton. Otherwise have you tried posting on the British Human Power Club? google BHPC. ICE trikes could also be worth contacting.

Thank you so much! I tried a recumbent bike, but it didn't work with the trailer, it needs to attach higher up if that makes any sense. I just can't find anywhere to hire one
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

Bristol Bike Project? Boneshaker Magasine? Roll for the Soul? They could all be good contacts in Bristol. All think out the box. Boneshaker guys would be very interested in your ride probably [emoji6]
FullReach

Post by FullReach »

Heltor Chasca wrote:Bristol Bike Project? Boneshaker Magasine? Roll for the Soul? They could all be good contacts in Bristol. All think out the box. Boneshaker guys would be very interested in your ride probably [emoji6]

Thank you so much! I'll give them a go
Elizabethsdad

Post by Elizabethsdad »

FullReach wrote:
Elizabethsdad wrote:is this the pig thing posted in 'does anyone know'? I replied to that with the offer of a recumbent quadricycle cargo carrier - based in Southampton. Otherwise have you tried posting on the British Human Power Club? google BHPC. ICE trikes could also be worth contacting.

Thank you so much! I tried a recumbent bike, but it didn't work with the trailer, it needs to attach higher up if that makes any sense. I just can't find anywhere to hire one

Trailer attaches to the seatpost? I have only ever had trailers that attach at the rear axle as I have heard that they are more stable and handle better. With the quad that I have it might be that the cargo area at the back is big enough for your pig without need ing the trailer
FullReach

Post by FullReach »

Elizabethsdad wrote:
FullReach wrote:

Trailer attaches to the seatpost? I have only ever had trailers that attach at the rear axle as I have heard that they are more stable and handle better. With the quad that I have it might be that the cargo area at the back is big enough for your pig without need ing the trailer

I've had a google of the bike you describe, but they all look a little different. Do you think you could send me a picture? fullreachcharity@gmail.com
gaz

Post by gaz »

Elizabethsdad wrote:With the quad that I have it might be that the cargo area at the back is big enough for your pig without need ing the trailer

It's a very big piggy bank.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGfAqo7XYAEtC_s.jpg
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Elizabethsdad

Post by Elizabethsdad »

gaz wrote:
Elizabethsdad wrote:With the quad that I have it might be that the cargo area at the back is big enough for your pig without need ing the trailer

It's a very big piggy bank.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGfAqo7XYAEtC_s.jpg

Yeah, Rosie sent me a picture after I got in touch by e-mail with a picture of my 'bent quad. It's certainly going to get noticed.