Visiting Hotels and B&B with a large trike

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
piratepete

Visiting Hotels and B&B with a large trike

Post by piratepete »

I am thinking of venturing out a little further on my rather large trike. What do you do with your trike? As a rule I do not let my trike out of sight when out and about. I can remove the sail and mast which make it slightly less noticable.
[XAP]Bob

Re: Visiting Hotels and B&B with a large trike

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Presume a Whike?

They do look rather fun...

I'd check that I would be allowed to bring a trike/mobility aid into somewhere secure (garage would be OK at a B&B, ground floor room in a hotel.)
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Elizabethsdad

Post by Elizabethsdad »

It's going to vary depending on the hotel/b and b. Some hotels will have a secure garage - I once stayed at the Adelphi in Liverpool and they kept my bike in their garage. I once went to a convention on my Ice Trike and the hotel let me bring it inside and keep it under some stairs. There wer actually two other 'bent riders there with their trikes and we did a V formation lap of honour round the hotel. Probably best to e-mail in advance with a photo so they know what to expect.
jayjay

Post by jayjay »

I like to phone first and check first. My trike has overnighted in stairwells, spare rooms, hotel dining rooms, gym storerooms, laundry stores, garages and a reasonably secure back yard. Sometimes up flights of steps, which were Ok in small doses.
Built f' comfort.
piratepete

Post by piratepete »

Thanks everyone for your replys. Scholl hols make for a hectic time. I plead guilty to owning a Whike, it is a lot of fun. As recumbents go it is a little more noticable, which is not always convenient. Only a few days ago I made a detour through a housing estate and was chased by some very excited natives demanding a ride. I might save for a "normal" recumbent trike for longer trips out.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Can you not just put the mast down for a 'quiet' ride?
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.