Quick release bag on bottle bosses

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
PAB855

Quick release bag on bottle bosses

Post by PAB855 »

My wife would like to have a small bag in front of her which could be easily removed so that it doesn't get in her way when she is getting on and off her recumbent trike.

Is there such a thing as a bag which fits the bosses on the centre tube of the ICE Adventure trike which can be removed quickly so that the rider will not need to lift a leg higher than necessary when mounting or dismounting.
A bottle cage into which a cylindrical bag fits is not the answer. Anything other than a low profile fastening device is not ideal. I imagine a slide action to lock the bag in place. The underside of the bag would have some kind of plate with two wide mouthed slots to slide onto the screws in the bottle cage bosses. The screw heads would be designed to accommodate the slots in the plates.

The bag wouldn't need be large, but preferably larger than a water bottle.

Cheers
[XAP]Bob

Re: Quick release bag on bottle bosses

Post by [XAP]Bob »

There is one that slides onto studs put in the bottle bosses - just need to remember it
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
PAB855

Post by PAB855 »

Brilliant!

Many thanks Bob, you've done it again!
Geoff.D

Post by Geoff.D »

I like the look of that little bag. That "monkii" series of apparatus is interesting, with various interchangeable mounts, bottles, bags, etc.
Don't forget that there's a side bag for the ICE. I know it's not what your wife wants, but it's a consideration should she need a little more, but still accessible, space.
squeaker

Post by squeaker »

Or a Norback Bag FastBack under the boom? Bit more of a faff with the velcro, though.
"42"
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

squeaker wrote:Or a Norback Bag FastBack under the boom? Bit more of a faff with the velcro, though.

More faff - but don't need to remove it...