Head-rest suggestions for Whike trike

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
rscrase

Head-rest suggestions for Whike trike

Post by rscrase »

Hello,

I need a head-rest for my Whike recumbent trike. The seat is a plastic 'bucket' with no obvious attachments holes so I will need to drill and attach I guess. http://whike.com/en/pagina/34/technical-specifications

Suggestions please,

Thanks,

Richard
[XAP]Bob

Re: Head-rest suggestions for Whike trike

Post by [XAP]Bob »

ICE headrests can be put on drilled seats (have one on my rapto)
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
OldBloke

Post by OldBloke »

Have a look at how Performer do their headrests. Hopefully the pics will be clear enough. http://www.performercycles.com/new/prod ... cts_id=220
Tigerbiten

Post by Tigerbiten »

A short piece of closed foam pipe insulation will make the headrest held in place by insulating tape.
Then either a T or U support, T shaped is probably easiest.
A bit of tube wrapped in the insulation with a shaped plate bolted to the back of seat sounds right.

Luck .......... :D
piratepete

Post by piratepete »

The Whike Headrest, I never got around to sorting that out. I did try to fit an ICE head-rest but it was too short, and would need extra padding etc, so don't try that. In the end I just lived without it. Sadly, I no longer have a Whike, If I did I would have been out last night scaring the chickens and taking down the A roads :D
rscrase

Post by rscrase »

piratepete wrote:The Whike Headrest, I never got around to sorting that out. I did try to fit an ICE head-rest but it was too short, and would need extra padding etc, so don't try that.

Thanks - you've save me one dead-end

In the end I just lived without it. Sadly, I no longer have a Whike, If I did I would have been out last night scaring the chickens and taking down the A roads :D

:D Yesterday was good, would have been better today but have to work sometimes. Now I've nadgered the derailleur - did you come up with any neat way to increase the clearance between gears and ground?
piratepete

Post by piratepete »

It was always a fear, but I was lucky not to snag it, especially that day I went through a forest track. Trees were the bigger concern. Once I was going up a sustrans path and I was thinking that the squirrels were very active this morning, then I realized the sail was snagging on the branches ...Oops. And horse's are a major pain in @ss. A Whike is one of the most efficient horse scarers ever created.