Been working on my trike today

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
m6mal

Been working on my trike today

Post by m6mal »

Been working on my trike today. Sorted my chain tubes out to how they should be and also my chain and i can use all my gears 8 rear and 3 front now also put my rack and pannier bag and light bar back on as i had trike on his side to carry out what i needed to do. All i need to do now is tighten my rack etc as i have had enough for one day.
I can't beleive how much i have had to do to put it all right, the last owner(s) certainly knew how to bodge things up and the manual i was given was for a totally different KMX trike. If the owner had studied the manual he would of seen it was different and would not have had to move the seat etc. On the subject of manuals, there are 2 different manuals for the 'X' Class trike as one has i one part frame which has the seat at different position etc and the other manual with the 2 part slot together frame of which i have and the seat goes in a different place due to the 2 different thicknesses of frame where the thinner part slots into the front part where the seat belongs. Also the chain tubes etc are different on this model. It took me 6 weeks to source this manual and KMX couldn't even send me the right version and i sent them photos etc etc.
OK rant over and after i finish my final tightening it should be ready to rock, trouble is i have to get my wife to give me a hand to get it out of living room where it has lived since i bought it on january 4th this year lol. The flat i live in is very small and we have safas to lift it over as one is right near the bloomin door, but once i move it it will be outside my flat door as there is space under the stairs where others goto their abodes and i will be able to lock it and alarm it and roll on when i can use it.
It is rather awkward to take photos in my living room with limited space so i will be posting them on here as soon as i either get it under the stairs near my door or when i go for my first ride. I have also bought a goextreme 4k vision action cam and i can christen that when i go on my first voyage and post the vids on youtube. Hope i haven't bored folk with all this writing etc.
m6mal

Re: Been working on my trike today

Post by m6mal »

got to replace the pedals as bearing gone in one, so i may as well get some toe clips and straps at the same time as i cant afford cleats etc. @Tigerbitten pointed the pedal issue out when he came to see me.
squeaker

Post by squeaker »

Re: carrying a tadpole trike: rear wheel uppermost with chainwheel / pedal just clear of the floor and the top of the seat somewhere near my head (a bit like dancing with it) works for me over (very) short distances. I can negotiate doorways like this :)
Best wishes for first ride.
"42"
climo

Post by climo »

m6mal wrote:got to replace the pedals as bearing gone in one, so i may as well get some toe clips and straps at the same time as i cant afford cleats etc. @Tigerbitten pointed the pedal issue out when he came to see me.

You might want to look up "leg suck" on a trike and then reconsider getting cleated shoes or at the least a velcro strap around the heel.
OldBloke

Post by OldBloke »

You could also consider Power Grips
Go to: http://www.powergrips.com