Trice Borealis shell for sale. NOW SOLD!!

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
BlackPanther

Trice Borealis shell for sale. NOW SOLD!!

Post by BlackPanther »

Due to a change of commute, and a 2nd family car, I am no longer using the Borealis as it doesn’t mix with cycle path obstructions. I am looking mainly to sell the shell, as the mint Trice QNT underneath is easy to carry over said path obstructions, and I’d like to keep her, but I would consider selling the whole setup.

The shell is well used, and has scratches expected when in daily use, but nothing serious. It has lights (exterior an interior), indicators (with warning buzzer) and a motorbike horn running off a 12v motorbike battery. I removed the original lights due to many LEDs not working, and fitted strip LEDs. Not the prettiest wiring job, but it all functions. May need a bit of wiring replacement if removed from the Trice as some wiring is frame attached, and some to the body.

The original light holes are hidden by stickers, and to be honest, it could do with a paint job, or a wrap to look mint. The cabrio hood is included, and the only thing that won’t be included is the wheel covers if just the shell is bought, as I’d keep them on the trike.

The Trice is a QNT with front and rear suspension, and as it’s been covered all it’s life, is in exceptional condition.

I’m looking for £1,200 fit the shell, or £2,400 complete, which would make it a very cheap entry in to Velomobile ownership.

Here’s a couple of short vids.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K1rR5XIUYmU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kYyT6T6omvs
Last edited by BlackPanther on 16 Jun 2018, 10:50am, edited 1 time in total.
The photobucket images don't work !!!
[XAP]Bob

Re: Trice Borealis shell for sale.

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Ooh.... that’s interesting...

What are the fittings etc? (I.e what are the hard points needed on a trike?)
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
BlackPanther

Post by BlackPanther »

[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

photobucket hotlink failure ...

Useless bloomin’ site ...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Actually can’t make it through their cluster of $(expletive) adverts and obsessive cant let people look at a picture software...
BlackPanther

Post by BlackPanther »

Trouble attaching pics on here, but if you want to see some pics....

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/ice-t ... st-5235159
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Jubilee clamps round the cruciform arms, anything forward of that? What’s out back?
fossala

Post by fossala »

Too expensive for me at the moment and I'm only just starting to dip my toes into the recumbent thing, although after seeing the advert I've spent an hour on youtube watching velomobile videos... I live in hilly Cornwall and dragging my QNT up the hills is already fairly slow, how much does the shell/battery/whole enclosure weigh and what effect does it have on acceleration and hill climbing?
Last edited by fossala on 6 May 2018, 5:17pm, edited 1 time in total.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Depends how long the hill - it will slow you down on a long hill, but the additional speed you can carry could put you up and over...
fossala

Post by fossala »

[XAP]Bob wrote:Depends how long the hill - it will slow you down on a long hill, but the additional speed you can carry could put you up and over...

Hmmm, the first hill on my commute is 500ft of climbing over just over a mile, I don't think I'll get a good enough run up.
BlackPanther

Post by BlackPanther »

[XAP]Bob wrote:Ooh.... that’s interesting...

What are the fittings etc? (I.e what are the hard points needed on a trike?)

There are 2 clamps on each arm of the cruciform, and 2 that are held on by the rear rack points. 2 straps pull the rear body towards the seat to prevent side to side movement of the shell. With practice you could probably remove in half an hour.
BlackPanther

Post by BlackPanther »

fossala wrote:Too expensive for me at the moment and I'm only just starting to dip my toes into the recumbent thing, although after seeing the advert I've spent an hour on youtube watching velomobile videos... I live in hilly Cornwall and dragging my QNT up the hills is already fairly slow, how much does the shell/battery/whole enclosure weigh and what effect does it have on acceleration and hill climbing?

I’m in Doncaster, so no serious hills. Wadworth hill is the worst I come across but tbh it’s not much harder than on a naked trike as you just drop down an extra gear to 2nd instead of 4th.

Oh, and coming back I can hit 35mph easily, and I’ve seen 45 with a tailwind which ain’t bad for a moderate hill. I’ve still never been down a really steep hill though.

Here’s Wadworth ‘hill’.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iKAEjDYMhi8
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Reading up suggests the QNT or Sprint NT...
would it fit on a ‘normal’ sprint?
BlackPanther

Post by BlackPanther »

[XAP]Bob wrote:Reading up suggests the QNT or Sprint NT...
would it fit on a ‘normal’ sprint?

I’d say......yes (90% sure), however as the standard Sprint is 795mm? against the 695 Trice QNT, then the wheels would I’d guess be 50mm proud of the body either side....maybe a better turning circle though? Also, having never owned a Sprint (but on my 3rd Trice) I wouldn’t know if the rear rack fixings are the same? If anyone has a Sprint though, I’d consider a part ex against the whole kit. That way I could actually fit it in the back of my Mini!!!

Having had nothing but excellent dealings with I.C.E over the years, I’m sure they’d be happy to confirm, deny, or offer advice on fettling if you gave them a call. I’m in Doncaster if anyone would like to view, or pm me if you’d like more pics.

Cheers, Carl.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Is yours drum brakes?
Dynamo?