Multiple dynamo powered rear lights?

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
Tigerbiten

Re: Multiple dynamo powered rear lights?

Post by Tigerbiten »

Greystoke wrote:Modern LED lights, especially rear ones, use much less power than the original incandescent bulb versions.

They don't.

The old dynamo powered standard incandescent rear light bulb was 6V-0.1A or 0.6 watts.
New red rear LED light bulbs are 1 watt or low power white light bulbs are 0.5 watts.
So no real power saving.
What they do is throw out a lot more light for the same power used as less power is lost to heat.

Luck ........ :D
Greystoke

Post by Greystoke »

I suggest you try it.
Modern led lights use less power for more light output.
Shimano now do 1.5w hub dynamos to power led lights so your 3w dynamo will easily power more rear led lights.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Why not use two good battery powered rear lights? Much less hassle.

I use a couple of B&M Toplight Flat S Permanent on my trikes: https://www.bumm.de/en/products/akku-ba ... 329bs.html?
Powered by two AA Eneloop batteries, they last about a month (at least 30 hours of cycling) between charges.

Just yesterday, I ordered some parts to build a trailer and two Flat S Permanent will go to the rear of that trailer.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Marc wrote:Why not use two good battery powered rear lights? Much less hassle.
I use a couple of B&M Toplight Flat S Permanent on my trikes: https://www.bumm.de/en/products/akku-ba ... 329bs.html?