Raptobike for sale. [SOLD]

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
[XAP]Bob

Raptobike for sale. [SOLD]

Post by [XAP]Bob »

It's going to have to get sold....

It's a real shame, because I love it.
I've done quite a few miles on it over three years, been pedalling hard at 45mph+ in the driving rain (had to keep up with the lorry for visibility), got my fastest commutes (by a long margin, averaging over 22mph despite traffic, junctions, lights etc.), had immense fun overall...

But since I have lost all vestibular function I can't ride two wheels any more, and need to pay for hearing aids as well :(

I've stripped it down and cleaned it up nicely, and am putting on the front disc brake (BB7) which has been waiting to go on for a while. New V brake pads for the rear as well (V brake is easily powerful enough at the rear, it's relatively lightly loaded.
Has the M5 thumb brake levers, which are really nice to use, and much cleaner on the cockpit (can be set for MTB or road brake pull).
Red tailbox - storage/fairing/mudguard.
ICE neck rest, and a flat headrest available.
Ventesit pad on the seat.
8 speed SRAM twist shifter (X5?).
Custom aluminium 'raptobite guard' - I've never had a bite.
Derailleur post (I don't know what gearing I want to leave at the front when I sell, it depends on whether I do a complete switch to a velo).
B&M Lyt fitted at the front, and a B&M toplight mini at the rear of the tailbox, as well as a reflector mounted on the rear of the headrest. *
White SPDs.
Obligatory mirror.

Frameset is > £1k
Brake levers ~£125
Tailbox ~ £150-250 (Can't find one that actually matches this)
Seat cushion ~£60
Then there are things like wheels, brakes, lights, drivetrain, pedals...

In all the miles I've done I've come off once (properly) - so there is a bit of a scuff on the LHS of the tailbox, and damage to a bit of the edging strip near the bottom of the seat. It's not a major issue, just being upfront.

Sensible offers from anyone?
Yes there'll be photos coming, yes you can come and have a test ride (near Draycote Reservoir)

* There is also a blinky light cunningly mounted to the RHS of the rear QR lever. Whilst the main lights are technically dynamo lights they are happy with a DC input, and I have run them from a 9V battery (PP3) with good success (not great lifetime though, I'd recommend small AA pack, or a USB pack and a buck convertor to boost the voltage slightly). The wiring for this has a connector under the boom (so you can unplug the boom - a 3.5mm TRRS jack/socket) and is all finished in the tailbox - so you can leave the battery in there and just switch on both lights using the switch on the Lyt.
Last edited by [XAP]Bob on 25 Aug 2018, 5:23pm, edited 1 time in total.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
phlouise

Re: Raptobike for sale.

Post by phlouise »

You'll remember me; and I was just this week trying to remember if you had one of these. I was considering trying to get one at the budget end through Cyclescheme and upgrade it, but this could be tempting.
Is this the lowracer or midracer? And photos would be nice!
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Low racer... I’ll get photos up ;)
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
phlouise

Post by phlouise »

Great. I'm away for a week or so but I'd be keen to come over for a test ride in September maybe if you haven't sold it by then. You're not too far away.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

IMG_0221 TN.jpeg

IMG_0226.JPG

IMG_0222.JPG
squeaker

Post by squeaker »

[XAP]Bob wrote:Low racer... I’ll get photos up ;)

Argh!!! Stop it! I've just had to re-read my 2011 BHPC review to remind myself why I sold mine :roll:
If only I were 10 years younger :(
"42"
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Age should be no concern - it’ll drop ten years off how you feel anyway :mrgreen:
squeaker

Post by squeaker »

[XAP]Bob wrote:Age should be no concern - it’ll drop ten years off how you feel anyway :mrgreen:

No help: just had right hip replaced so feel 10 years older at the mo. :roll:
"42"