advice sought choosing recumbent trike

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
marisamann

advice sought choosing recumbent trike

Post by marisamann »

Hi
I've a damaged coccyx that can't be sorted so walk dog from a tilt in space reclinable electric wheelchair along Bournemouth promenade. I freeze in the winter!
Would like to get a trike, managed to get in and out of an ICE adventurer I met, but if there is one more affordable that reclines even more, would be great. There are several on ebay not too far, but am seeking advice?
It's not so much getting in and out, more getting one that reclines the most so less pressure on base of spine as I pedal and keep warm?
Yours, Marisa Mann
[XAP]Bob

Re: advice sought choosing recumbent trike

Post by [XAP]Bob »

The sprint is more reclined than the adventure - but you might be as well off with some custom cushioning to provide a ‘hole’ for your coccyx...

Test, test, and test some more...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

What sort of seat do you have on the wheelchair?

A “mesh” seat is wider and longer, which allows a gel seat pad or similar, the solid seats are more difficult
OldBloke

Post by OldBloke »

You probably won't get more reclined than on an Aero: http://www.greenspeed-trikes.com/aero.html

Westcountry Recumbents are their UK dealer - http://www.wrhpv.com/trikes/aero/spec/index.html.

OB
marisamann

Post by marisamann »

Thanks for replies, great to get more information, don't think i can get a new one, but if i know what I'm looking for can check on second hand sites
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Have a chat to Kevin at DTek as well...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Tigerbiten

Post by Tigerbiten »

The person to speak to is .......

Kevin Dunseath
Tel. 01353 648 177
Email dtekhpvs@btconnect.com

He deals in all types of second hand recumbents.
He's based out of Little Tetford near Ely.
If it's possible for you to get there, then you can try any of the range of recumbent trikes he has to find the one that suits you best.

Luck ......... :D
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

We have a pair of HP Velotechnik Gekko

The Geek (And ICE Trikes) are easily adaptable.

We have one fitted with the "Standing aids" which aids mounting and dismounting.

We have also used the wheelchair gel seat on the trike

Marc

Post by Marc »

[XAP]Bob wrote:The sprint is more reclined than the adventure -

The seat of the ICE Adventure can be easily set-up as reclined as the seat of the ICE Sprint.

You just have to remove the extra bracket (https://shop.icletta.com/en/tt-adapter-ice.html), at the upper seat mount of the Adventure, to recline the seat further.

Come to think about it, the seat of the Adventure actually should be a few degrees more reclined than the seat of the Sprint, if you mount the seat at the lowest position without this bracket.