Recumbent sidestand

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
RecumbentRide

Recumbent sidestand

Post by RecumbentRide »

Hi all,
I've got a Challenge Furai and I'd like to fit a sidestand and since I'm unlikely to be able to get one from Challenge as they only answer their emails when they feel like it I'm asking you folk for recommendations. The rear wheel is 24in and I will attach a photo with some measurements later. I'm not bothered about having to drill into the rear dropouts to fit something appropriate if need be. Thanks
hercule

Re: Recumbent sidestand

Post by hercule »

This is what Nazca uses on their machines:

https://www.pletscher.ch/index.php/en/p ... kstands-en

I’ve got one on my Fuego, I have found it robust and stable. Obviously you will need to trim it a bit to adjust it to the Furai’s rear wheel size, assuming the mounting holes are compatible.
RecumbentRide

Post by RecumbentRide »

Yes on the Nazcas there is a braze on for fitting kickstands which challenge don't use. I've attached an image to show what I mean.

1009181708.jpg
Trikeyohreilly

Post by Trikeyohreilly »

At least you have choices there. I've never seen a dropout with so many threaded options.My Street Machne came with a rear kick stand, optional extra though I might say. My Big Dummy came with a cheap side stand that I didn't rate at all, it has however preformed very well. It did have a mounting plate though. I'll try to get to grips with the photo downsizing thing and show the SMGTe one in case it helps.
RecumbentRide

Post by RecumbentRide »

I've emailed several recumbent dealers in Holland so I'm hoping I can get something soon.